ASDA

If your firm delivers to their RDC`s then you just might find that your company has agreed for you to do a store delivery on your way back to where you came from.this is being setup now.

ASDA are telling their drivers that they have to cut down on the companys carbon foot print & that vehicles that run empty out of their RDCs may be given a store, if that company meets ASDAs favorite list. You will not be given priority when you get to a store as their own vehicles don`t even get priority, so you might just find yourself sat in a que at store & no ammount of drivers saying " iam running out of time" will get you past the que, & the moron on the back door.

ASDA is all talk, going on about cutting down on their carbon footprint, when they have just ordered 30 odd scania opti cruise units, for stop start deliveries with only two stores more than 1 hour away from Skelmersdale CDC.

If your company has agreed to do a store drop on the way back, no doubt they will be paid something to do it.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you will all get a share of this extra money, for doing the extra work. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hal56:
no ammount of drivers saying " iam running out of time" will get you past the que, & the moron on the back door

Thats no problem, when they come screaming for the load cos their desperate, just inform them you are on an 11 hour break and since they have disturbed your rest the 11 hours starts now. Then pull you’re curtains :smiley:

what with self tipping, stripping down , handballing ,dont we do enough all ready :cry: :cry:

Yep hal 56 We have been doing that for the past year, as long as we have time left, out of ASDA Falkirk/Grangemouth rdcs mainly carrying on to the northern stores and it work ok as the most of these stores are 24 hour tips and the trucks are heading up north anyway plus we get paid its better than running mt

Must admit that if I were an Owner Driver, this is the kind of thing I’d be wanting to be part of.

Tescos are/have been doing this a long time with Reed Boardall for one i’m sure?

surely this is just a matter for the planners
as long as the convo goes along the lines of
"when you’ve tipped at RDC xyz they’re sending you to store ABC "
nice easy cost effective backload hopefully
and you know what you have to do in advance