ASDA Wincanton, Rochdale

Hey everyone,
just a quick question regarding this lot…
I know the rates/shift patterns etc. What I’d like to know is if it’s ran by the pointy shoe brigade who know ■■■■ all & are they
H & S mad??
Don’t want to waste my time or theirs so any opinions fellas??
Ta in advance.

Dont know but if its ran by Wincanton I’d expect it to be very pointy shoey…

Yes, pointy shoes rule.

Very easy job, mostly full chilled load in to large stores, some two or three drops into smaller stores using tail lift, load back with empties and waste, mostly nights (what I call nights any way)

I believe due to warehouse being under utilised NFT are in there as well and other Wincanton contracts store things in there, don’t know who moves that stuff.

As above, warehouse very under used by asda so there are other contracts using warehouse space. Princes juice, knene & nagel (frozen) cromer carpets. Generally drivers don’t bother with the above and just do asda runs & backhauls.

sweet truck haul:
What I’d like to know is if it’s ran by the pointy shoe brigade who know [zb] all & are they
H & S mad??
Don’t want to waste my time or theirs so any opinions fellas??
Ta in advance.

All big companies are and as annoying as some of it may be at least you’ve got a much better chance of going home without a life changing injury. Best not to waste their time and yours and stick with applying to those companies whose mentality is still stuck in the 1970s.

Make sure your high viz vest is fastened up and secured with superglue and cable ties.

Shunter helmets cannot wait to tear up to you and threaten to have you banned off site. Doncaster is even worse, snipers on the roof and everything. Asda shunters are the worst company heroes I’ve ever had the misfortune to breathe air near :unamused:

Absolutely ^^^^ the last thing you want to be doing is working for the type of company who pay massive lip service to H&S and then go around killing fork lift drivers is it?

eagerbeaver:
Make sure your high viz vest is fastened up and secured with superglue and cable ties.

Shunter helmets cannot wait to tear up to you and threaten to have you banned off site. Doncaster is even worse, snipers on the roof and everything. Asda shunters are the worst company heroes I’ve ever had the misfortune to breathe air near :unamused:

I like it when they fly up to you at Mach 2 to threaten you with a ban for doing 8mph or whatever :laughing: