Asda washington + kp Billingham

Hi

got a new one tomorrow - not been up north east for a while

anything I need to know about these two ■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Asda Washington depends what you are delivering you could be there a while :unamused: if late it could also be rejected

If you need directions lat me know

Hi directions of the a1 would be good - is it jct 64 ?

Yep J 64 just before washington services follow road round first roundabout straight over ( well might be best to go round it ) second roundabout the same at the third take a right as there are 3 up there first right is the cold store then further up you have the ambient also the george

Hope that helps then go straight for the A1231 for the A19 south bound to Billingham sorry but cant help you there

This should help you find KP. Liz

scanialady142:
This should help you find KP. Liz

Whisper - Could do with a link,

:laughing:

KP at Billingham is on Cowpen Lane Ind Estate.

At Asda make sure you park in the left lane (suppliers) at security then go into their office. They don’t like you using the right hand lane which is for their own wagons.

Other than that it’s one of the better RDC’s in my opinion.

Telephone: +44 (0)1773 717007
Fax: +44 (0) 1773 717040
multimap.com/maps/?qs=NG16+3 … NG16%203SU

4a, Coombe Road, Moorgreen, Newthorpe, Nottinghamshire, NG16 3SU.

For KP,

Follow A19 North of Middlesbrough.

Take A689 turn right at roundabout.

Pass Shell garage to your left.

Straight over 1st roundabout.

2nd exit at next roundabout (possibly signposted SEAL SANDS)

Follow road, not even for quarter of mile.

Turn RIGHT, follow road straight ahead for approx 2 or more miles or until you come to a traffic light controlled T Junction and you have no choice to either turn left or right. (Should be just after a TESCO garage you will pass on your left- also on a set of lights.) (Watch out for mobile speedcams all along this route.)

Turn Left at these lights.

Approx quarter of mile along road just after PD logistics turn RIGHT then take 1st LEFT.

KP on your right hand side about another quarter of mile along.

Wincantons will be on your left, should be a number of wagons parked on road.

If you are doing KP after ASDA, make for the A1231 towards Sunderland

Then turn on to A19 South, look for A689 slip road THERE ARE 2, if you take the 1st one (just after Twin Total garages) you will not pass the Shell garage, you will be straight on the 2nd roundabout described above, in that case, take 2nd exit (poss signposted Seal Sands.) follow directions above from that point.

A689 approx 30-40 min drive from A1231 - A19 junction.

matchbox:
1st one (just after Twin Total garages)
A689 approx 30-40 min drive from A1231 - A19 junction.

They are now BP ( Ron Perry )

The 1 on the 689 used to be a BP IIRC by the Holiday Inn

BTW watch out in the North East Sun 5 th Oct as the Great North Run is on and many roads are closed or there is diversion

Tyne & Wear Partnership have now installed and Electronic Database in Durham Services which gives directions to most industrial areas etc for Truck Drivers, including weight limits and low bridges etc, Its a Touch Screen gadget and free of charge to use.

Although I’ve never used it myself I was asked by Michael Page of Faber Munsell the Company which handles the Tyne & Wear Transport scheme, to mention it on Trucknet on their behalf, I think this is an Apt thread to oblidge :slight_smile:

Thanks to all for directions found both sites easy , and not much waiting time either :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: