Asda Skelmersdale

Hi guys ,mate of mine is going for an interview for Asda at Skelmersdale and has asked me to post this for any info about them.Does anyone now what they are like to work for its midnight starts till job finish any info ta guys

The vehicles are usually green and white and there will likely be some store deliveries…

I hope this helps. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Skem, is the chilled RDC , Wigan being ambient & George down the road

No surprises that they have 12am start shifts available they had that problem when i was an agency driver for em back some 5 years ago , the job is easy, just boring ,( for me) most their driver’s get plenty of sleep in between drops so in no way will be pushed (if he has a brain) don’t know about about the rate of pay now ,but back then it certainly wasn’t nothing to write home about

ok thanks tommy t

Hi,

It’s a nice relaxed job at Asda Skelmersdale. The majority of the drivers start between 23:30 and 02:00. It’s a 45 hour week, so you either do a week of 5 x 9 hour shifts or 4 x 11.25 hour shifts. The 10 hour working rule is in force, so if you are on an 11.25 hour shift then you have to make time for 30 mins POA.

You’ll usually do 2 store deliveries during your shift. The furthest North is Lancaster and the furthest South is probably Crewe. There’s also Rhyl and LLandudno stores in Wales.

Sometimes you’ll do a backhaul after a store delivery.

The rates of pay are:-

Normal time - £10.09 ph
Shift premium (between 14:00 and 22:00) - £1.51 ph
Shift premium (between 22:00 and 06:00) - £2.05 ph
Overtime as above rates plus £1.62 ph
Working a bank holiday gets you an extra £4.00 ph

It’s not job and finish but you’re not expected to do much if you get back to the depot with a few hours to kill.

Hope this helps.

Neil.

thanks neil I will pass that on great info for him, ta