ASDA RDC Magna Park/Dixons RDC Newark

I could not believe the abuse the staff got from visiting drivers that were at above depots,drivers swearing at the goods in staff,quoting their 15 hours were up and you better pull me out now,then tell us all it was a lie to get them to move faster and get tipped or loaded.
It was F this,F that,and most were scruffy and un-tidy,soiled hi viz jackets,old trainers,dirty old jeans,and looked like there was a water allergy going on for personal hygiene,does wonders for our perceived public image,the goods in staff dont need to get daily abuse,if you go in polite,you can be out and done in no time.

You’ve never tipped Asda ADC Lutterworth then Toby!! :laughing:

The chill DC at ASDA Lutterworth is a good tip I always find. Never have a problem there and staff always pleasant.

I love going to Asda Lutterworth, everyone’s really friendly and I’m allowed to come in and use the posh toilets through the office
;-D

One of our drivers was stuck in Dixons Newark for over 7hours last week, its a regular place for us as just down the road, he arrived for delivery and 3 collections at 12:30, was still in there 19:45 when boss told him to forget it and leave what wasn’t loaded.

skids:
The chill DC at ASDA Lutterworth is a good tip I always find. Never have a problem there and staff always pleasant.

+1, other than when you forget to switch light too red :wink: :frowning: :laughing:

we got our own special notice on the window at idc telling us we can only side tip. its alot bloody quicker so i don’t mind moving curtains. problem with adc is theres usually nowhere to park cause everyone takes there break in there

jonboy

ady1:

skids:

+1, other than when you forget to switch light too red :wink: :frowning: :laughing:

Guilty! :blush:

Rob K:

ady1:

skids:

Guilty! :blush:

Add me to the list :blush:

Lycanthrope:
One of our drivers was stuck in Dixons Newark for over 7hours last week, its a regular place for us as just down the road, he arrived for delivery and 3 collections at 12:30, was still in there 19:45 when boss told him to forget it and leave what wasn’t loaded.

At least they have a reasonable drivers room with 42’’ LCD on the wall, microwave for heating up erm…microwave meals and now that the clock’s have gone back, the 2 kenco machines are now on free-vend.

I have a 9am drop at Newark tomorrow. Shoud be interesting by the sounds of it. :smiley:

See, if you all worked for Stobarts, we’d all look nice and smart. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stobart the best.all drivers have clean uniform,as well good uniform model,style,and orange Hi vis for drivers looking much ,much better

I have clean clothes every day. I wash and shave regularly.

Does that make me a worse driver Andejs.

Get your facts right pal.

Several years ago I took some pallets of Belgian chocolates into Asda at Lutterworth at some silly time in the morning. Sadly I was not silly enough - too late for my booked slot, so they refused me. My firm re-booked for the following day so in I went again early the next morning.

Sadly my paperwork still had only the previous day’s booking reference, so the Jobsworth in Goods In refused me again. It was too early to get the info from our office (no-one there until 6am - by which time it would be too late anyway) so I wandered across to the gatehouse (mobile phone in hand) and gave the security bod some old flannel about my Boss chewing me out for arriving too late. I asked if he could confirm my arrival time from his log, while pretending my boss was on the other end of the phone.

While the security bod checked my entry, I made a mental note of the booking reference helpfully printed on his sheet (being able to read stuff upside-down comes in handy :slight_smile: ). Then I wrote the correct reference on my paperwork and returned to Goods In where, surprise surprise, they tipped me without a murmur…

I also fell foul of Magna Park’s security bods that morning - having arrived well early this time, I parked up on the road outside while I waited for my allocated booking time. Being so early in the morning, I naturally nodded off, only to be rudely awakened by said security bod banging on the cab door.

“You can’t park here - you’re causing an obstruction”

“Not me,” I replied, leaning out the window, “the road was clear when I parked up - the obstruction is being caused by that white security van some prat has abandoned directly opposite me.”

I don’t think he was impressed, somehow :slight_smile:

Many years ago I worked in one of the sheds at magna park. Came out of work one night and booted it out of there, shot past the security van and he actually put his orange light on and started chasing me trying to pull me over. The next day I came out of work to find a letter on my windscreen reminding me of the “park rules” and threatening me with being banned from the industrial estate.

Bad taste coffee at these places,reminds me my fence needs creosoting again.