Asda Pay

Hi did the usual search to see if I could find any info all I found was a thread complaining about how uncomfortable Asda socks were. :smiley: Been invited for an interview & assessment at Asda Grangemouth any info would be great cheers.

To interview and assess the socks? Sorry, I’m in that kind of mood today…childish! Should imagine the money is quite good, no rushing about etc etc

mjallby:
Hi did the usual search to see if I could find any info all I found was a thread complaining about how uncomfortable Asda socks were. :smiley: Been invited for an interview & assessment at Asda Grangemouth any info would be great cheers.

I started with asda recently at the chilled depot in Falkirk, the interview is very informal, they concentrate more on attitude than driving ability, you’ll need to be teamwork focused & when you go to interview, have ready a good few examples of times you’ve excelled at work, helped out other colleagues, gone above & beyond the call of the job.

Driving assessment was up onto M9, off at Lathallan rbt & back thru Polmont & Laurieston. You want to show a safe & confident drive.

I’d always thought driving was one of the few places where the corporate rubbish would be chucked in the bin where it belongs. Unfortunately it sounds like the HR dept of ASDA (or Walmart) have gotten their hands on interviewing drivers or brainwashing the transport dept.

The helped out other colleagues one is easy - “I didn’t kill the so-and-so annoying little git” - would be a good answer, pretty much daily. :wink:

“Excelled at work”■■
“gone above and beyond”■■

Like come in on a day off to polish the truck? Stay late to help the warehouse??

Corporate bollox. …

the nodding donkey:
"

Like come in on a day off to polish the truck? Stay late to help the warehouse??

Corporate bollox. …

Don’t do any of that at the Asda I work at. I might come in on my day off but it’s at double time.

the nodding donkey:
“Excelled at work”■■

Corporate bollox. …

Corporate bollox? Maybe, but the right answers do result in a bloody good job that pays better money than most!

I’m not sure the OP was looking for daft opinions though. :unamused:

Doesn’t sound as bad as warburtons interview those exact questions where asked along with another 100, plus a team building excerise building a bread stand out of pipe cleaners, string and plastic rods :laughing:

4 ■■■■■■■ hours it lasted!

Got the job anyway but the day after had another interview for a different company. Only 15 minutes long and 4K more took that job instead ■■■■ you warburtons!

I was told ÂŁ700+ per week doing Cairnryan trunking but they have not opted out of the 10 hour night rule at the ambient depot. Both depots are good places to work though. A few tight yards (mainly due to the addition of home delivery vans which the yards were not designed for) and unfortunately they chose Scania as their vehicle provider but plenty of good staff behind the wheel and desks. You could do a hell of a lot worse

the nodding donkey:
“Excelled at work”■■

Corporate bollox. …

Buzzwords… "Excelled at work" - Done someone else’s job for them.
“Gone above and beyond?" - got the key to the executive washroom - only 'cos you’ve nicked it out of the manger’s desk…”

Corporate Bollox - Corpulent Climber. An overweight indivudual who manages to get promoted to management before you do.

“Polish the Truck” - Assigning a gentleman from Lodz to drive it.
“Stay late to help the warehouse”? - Do they want you there getting in their way? :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:

the nodding donkey:
“Excelled at work”■■

Corporate bollox. …

Buzzwords… "Excelled at work" - Done someone else’s job for them.
“Gone above and beyond?" - got the key to the executive washroom - only 'cos you’ve nicked it out of the manger’s desk…”

Corporate Bollox - Corpulent Climber. An overweight indivudual who manages to get promoted to management before you do.

“Polish the Truck” - Assigning a gentleman from Lodz to drive it.
“Stay late to help the warehouse”? - Do they want you there getting in their way? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’v seen a lot of pointless posts on here, but this really stands out. How bored do you have to be in order to feel the need to post something like this?

Beats me why anyone would want to ask on here about a job they’re interested in. Always the same few wallopers posting crap! :unamused:

You know what. Just go and have a try at the Interview and see. Prepare questions before hand( they will think, good, somebody has thought this through here). They will either like you or not. Or you might hear what you like in reply to your questions.
I personally know several people who drive and work in the warehouse, my brother for one (in the warehouse).
Have never heard one complaint yet. So give it a try for yourself and ask all the right questions to find the right answers.

Quite sure someone will come along and say, I’m talking utter gonads. We shall see. Either way your the only one that can and should decide.

Good luck either way.