Asda pay deal.

Weve all heard about the asda drivers not going on strike at the last minute.But does anyone know what they finally agreed on.
Also what is happening on the iceland contract?

Weve got a driver at our place and he thinks its his duty to tell every driver he gets talking to,the wages and conditions were on.He thinks that way he’ll get the message across to the £6 an hour brigade doing 60-70 hours a week and ignoring the WTD.that they are in the wrong job.
And by doing this the drivers will hopefully get the message and either get a rise or get a decent job where the proffessional that they are will get the wages that they deserve.

Tony b

tonyb…:
Weve all heard about the asda drivers not going on strike at the last minute.But does anyone know what they finally agreed on.
Also what is happening on the iceland contract?

Weve got a driver at our place and he thinks its his duty to tell every driver he gets talking to,the wages and conditions were on.He thinks that way he’ll get the message across to the £6 an hour brigade doing 60-70 hours a week and ignoring the WTD.that they are in the wrong job.
And by doing this the drivers will hopefully get the message and either get a rise or get a decent job where the proffessional that they are will get the wages that they deserve.

Tony b

It wasn’t about pay Tony they were fighting over union recognition.Haven’t heard about Iceland.

Iceland update. Management seem intent on forcing through cuts in pay and conditions at Deeside with the threat of closing the depot and moving everything to Warrington . Still on-going. :imp:

I think they are deffo moving to my old depot (safeway) in warrington.
Iceland have asked me to go for an interview and assesment there in a couple of weeks time.

I worked at Iceland, Deeside 2003, management then spent most of the time threatening and boasting about how they could cut pay.

Does this sound like the kind of company you’d be happy to work for Chilly?f