ASDA Normanton

Hi guys does anyone know how to get work at ASDA at Normanton is it all agency work or do they employ direct.?

A-B if they say its 1.45 its 1.45 why do it in less,no medals for or gongs for doing the job any faster.
Extra 30 minutes hanging around makes up for the 30 you say lost waiting to book on

lolipop:
A-B if they say its 1.45 its 1.45 why do it in less,no medals for or gongs for doing the job any faster.
Extra 30 minutes hanging around makes up for the 30 you say lost waiting to book on

The o/p was from 2004 :wink:

Answer to the 2017 question is Asda employ both agency and full time. If they take you on full time then expect maybe 3 temporary contracts for at least 18 months.
Work is easy, start times around the clock, plenty of weekend work and overtime.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

They don’t do anymore than one temp contract for drivers, this was agreed by union not too long ago.

I work in their Scottish CDC & it’s not unusual to do 5 or 6 hours work in an 11.25hr shift. It really is the easiest money you’ll ever make. And as for profit, they don’t seem to care about efficiency in the slightest.

busteredwards:
They don’t do anymore than one temp contract for drivers, this was agreed by union not too long ago.

I work in their Scottish CDC & it’s not unusual to do 5 or 6 hours work in an 11.25hr shift. It really is the easiest money you’ll ever make. And as for profit, they don’t seem to care about efficiency in the slightest.

Sshhhh don’t let on to everyone :wink: :smiley:

mick.mh2racing:
Answer to the 2017 question is Asda employ both agency and full time. If they take you on full time then expect maybe 3 temporary contracts for at least 18 months.
Work is easy, start times around the clock, plenty of weekend work and overtime.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Talk about thread resurrection ! lol.
I looked at going back to Normanton in late 2014. but the agency wanted recent experience despite me having driven for Asda for 5 years and been on the local buses since.
The Asda job is about the only one that would tempt be back on the wagons.

jon boy 100:
its the stores that hold you up.i spent 51/2 hours at killingbeck last crimbo.
jon

I still think about this day and laugh,
Worse of all one of our Line Managers was on a store visit that day, he asked me if i`d do a 2nd run ! After my laughter subsided i politely declined and booked off with 15 mins O/T as well :grimacing:

Anyone that can not do Normanton to Sheffield offload and back to Normanton in less than 4 hours should tear up their licence
make no wonder this nations productivity is the worst in Europe

SHYTOT:
Anyone that can not do Normanton to Sheffield offload and back to Normanton in less than 4 hours should tear up their licence
make no wonder this nations productivity is the worst in Europe

And when you arrive there is 3 in front and the warehouse is full ! lol.
Its an easy life, twas the weekend work that made me call time.

ASDA’s performance over the last few years has been dismal the worst of the big four
so it cant be long before someone starts shaking things up or contracting out the
logistics

SHYTOT:
Anyone that can not do Normanton to Sheffield offload and back to Normanton in less than 4 hours should tear up their licence make no wonder this nations productivity is the worst in Europe

never CARVE the job up. :grimacing:

SHYTOT:
ASDA’s performance over the last few years has been dismal the worst of the big four
so it cant be long before someone starts shaking things up or contracting out the
logistics

Asda logistics are operating within budget fella, don’t confuse that with retail, sales levels are not a logistics concern.

busteredwards:

SHYTOT:
logistics

Asda logistics are operating within budget fella, don’t confuse that with retail, sales levels are not a logistics concern.

But if the chiefs at Asda see that contracting logistics out could save them a few quid, I’m quite sure they wouldn’t hesitate doing so to negate the poor retail revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch this space

SHYTOT:
Watch this space

Why what might happen ?

bald bloke:

SHYTOT:
Watch this space

Why what might happen ?

Nothing whatsoever. It’s running to their satisfaction. We’ll be watching this space well after we’ve retired. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

busteredwards:

bald bloke:

SHYTOT:
Watch this space

Why what might happen ?

Nothing whatsoever. It’s running to their satisfaction. We’ll be watching this space well after we’ve retired. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

That’s my plan anyway :wink:

Anyone done Asda Normanton on agency?

First night last night and it’s madness. Didn’t have a clue what I was doing or where I was going. Finally plucked up the courage to ask someone and he directed me to the bloke at the desk near the canteen for a badge. Total ignoramus he was. Arrived at 4.50pm for a 5pm start and must have been stood there 10 minutes while he fannied about shuffling bits of paper and picking up every call when the phone rang. Eventually he obviously thought I’d been waiting long enough so sorted me an agency badge out.

Sent me to the transport office through the warehouse and out across the yard. Nearly got run over by some pedal-to-the-metal ■■■■■■■■ in the tug who was tearing around at maximum speed despite the 10mph speed limit. Got to the transport office and couldn’t even see the desk for drivers stood about. Must have been 40+ drivers stood round the desk all jostling to get to the front. I patiently waited my turn to report in and by the time I go to the front it was 5.30pm. Guy on the desk started on at me on his high-horse about being half an hour late. Told him I’d been on site site 4.50pm, been waiting for a pass for 10 minutes and been trying to get to the front here for another 30. Said, not my problem you’re supposed to be signed in here for 5pm. Told me that he was marking me down for 5.30pm and I wouldn’t get paid from any earlier. Told him don’t think so pal.

Sat about for nearly an hour twiddling my thumbs while they sorted a run out. Eventually got a run and gave me some keys and a trailer number. Go and hitch up and come back for your paperwork. Did that after replacing the ABS lead as some idiot had snapped the pins off. Returned to get my paperwork to be told it’s not ready yet, we’ll give you a call when it is.

At 8.45pm the paperwork finally arrived and I was on my way (been there doing nothing since 5pm!!!). Was told to take small sticker on every pallet and stick it on the back on my run sheet but found out that none of the pallets had them on. Came back and dropped the trailer and went across the road for another load, this time frozen. Better run over the other side it seems and I was away again in no time for a store over near Manchester. Tipped that and came back having already told them I wanted to finish around 8am and arriving back just after 3am they said that they had a Sheffield ready but I wouldn’t be able to get down there tip and return in 5 hours so go and have a coffee and basically amuse yourself until you’re ready to finish…

So I went and parked up and got nearly 3 hours kip. Can’t believe how they make any money. I stuck to every speed limit on my runs and tootled along the motorways at 50mph and really strung it out but you could easily do 5 runs in a 15 hour spread which is what I wanted. Their own drivers were telling me how they only do 2 runs per night as ‘that’s enough’. You can easily do 2 runs and be back finished in 4 hours, maybe 5 if you get held up.

I can’t have done anymore than 6 hours work, including tipping and driving but getting paid for 12.5hrs. It’s actually that easy that I don’t like it. Far too much sitting about. I’m not one to rush about by any stretch of the imagination but when you’ve spent an hour chatting to other drivers, had a brew or 3, had an hours kip then had a another brew you soon get bored and fancy doing some work to pass the time but no, can’t do Normanton to Sheffield and back in 5 hours apparently.

Best thing that made me laugh was the travelling time on the delivery sheets. Apparently, Normanton to Bradford should take an hour and three quarters, I kid you not !!