ASDA Merthyr Tydfil; access blocked

I know a few drivers used to park up in the Asda on Dowlais Top; went in there today for a quick 30 mins and to do a bit of shopping, and they’ve installed a height barrier at the entrance.

They’ve had a sign there saying 7.5t only for a while , everybody just ignored it, guess
they don’t want me shopping there now :wink:

Denis F:
They’ve had a sign there saying 7.5t only for a while , everybody just ignored it, guess
they don’t want me shopping there now :wink:

Why do they think it’s acceptable to turn away a lot of potential custom, an enterprising manager could cash in by setting aside part of the huge parks and offer “trucker’s specials” in the cafe areas, but it’s like everywhere else you are about as welcome as a ■■■■ in a lift.

hello all.
i cant see any logical reason for not allowing hgv,s in the car park at asda merthyr tydfil,ok it is a supermarket at the end of the day but where the trucks park is a part of a corner that i have never seen used by joe public because he/she is too lazy to walk to the store,i have seen numerous trampers there when probably moving goods from St Merryns Meat around the corner,another aspect is when you are parked in somewhere like asda you stand a very good chance of holding on to your derv as that area is a hotspot for thieving ■■■■■■ and the like, and also it must have generated a little bit of income for the store. :wink: :wink: :wink: .
graham.

Hello all
One of the drivers on our fleet parked there just after Xmas. Woke up to find him and four other drivers had been visited in the night and had there diesel robbed. Apparently there was a lot split all over the car park and they had to get the council in to clean it up. My mate spoke to the manager who said that it was a common problem so maybe they’ve had enough…

hello akelly,
sorry to hear that old mate ,you would have thought you were in with half a chance of keeping your juice in there as there is cctv around there,i once dropped my low-loader trailer around the back of asda years ago only for a few hours and when i returned two spare trailer wheels and a spare tractor wheel had been lifted,i am really surprised that they lost there diesel inside asda,but thats how it is today nothing is safe.
graham :open_mouth: .

They where parked right up in the top corner underneath the CCTV camera,but never got no response from asda so probably the cameras are just there for show. But I think it’s a bit of a hotspot round that area for diesel and curtain slashing