Asda HGV V's Maclaren Senna!

youtube.com/watch?v=O275R0oDDg8

How do you tell your boss you just hit a £1,000,000 hyper car■■? :open_mouth:

Car driver not entirely blameless, sitting in a blindspot even in slow traffic is foolish…

SnaggleTooth:
Car driver not entirely blameless, sitting in a blindspot even in slow traffic is foolish…

If you read the full text he posted below the video he understands that he was in the trucks blindspot which is why it happened and it was just one of those unfortunate set of circumstances. Makes a nice change to see a level headed response instead of the usual shouty crap we get.

He says he was in stop/start 20mph/25mph traffic, so if that was the case it’s a bit hard to blame him.
As for telling the boss… I think I would just say “I brushed up against a small car” and leave it at that :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone know what effect the value of claims has on renewal of fleet insurance? In my previous place nobody really cared at all the value of the claim, just the number of fault accidents you had. The value wasn’t even passed down from insurer to management, so the manager dealing with your informal chat or disciplinary couldn’t even see how much the value of the claim was, only if it was your fault or not.

He has got some toys that Shmee…

Well did have…

[emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Most large company fleet insurances have huge excesses, I worked at a construction company in my previous career and their fleet excess was £25,000 so most incidents end up being paid by the company not the insurance.

Makes sense. My last employer was a big employer and I think they “self insure” thinking about it. Seems a bit weird that they didn’t seem to care about the monetary value of damage caused then… a £50 mirror glass vs ten grand damage was treated equal… hopefully for this driver ASDA are the same :smiley:

Why would you drive a 1 mil. car on a public road/motorway? Just get it to a racing track and drive it there. There needs to be a cap on the value of vehicles allowed out on the public road network (they should be allowed to be transported onto/inside reinforced trailers though) to keep overall value of insurance claims and by extension, premiums, lower. Or disallow owners of multi-million £ cars to claim on others insurance for costs other than bodily harm inflicted on them (other party still needs to be investigated/prosecuted/fined if at fault)

SJB:
Makes sense. My last employer was a big employer and I think they “self insure” thinking about it. Seems a bit weird that they didn’t seem to care about the monetary value of damage caused then… a £50 mirror glass vs ten grand damage was treated equal… hopefully for this driver ASDA are the same :smiley:

Well there’s a ASDA tractor unit that’s increased in value with the carbon fibre fragments now protecting his wheel nuts!! :laughing:

ETS:
Why would you drive a 1 mil. car on a public road/motorway? Just get it to a racing track and drive it there. There needs to be a cap on the value of vehicles allowed out on the public road network (they should be allowed to be transported onto/inside reinforced trailers though) to keep overall value of insurance claims and by extension, premiums, lower. Or disallow owners of multi-million £ cars to claim on others insurance for costs other than bodily harm inflicted on them (other party still needs to be investigated/prosecuted/fined if at fault)

Interesting point of view, what do you think would be a reasonable cap?

Frankly he wants prosecuting for staying on the hard shoulder to film the damage to the car. What an absolute moron. Get the frigging details exchanged and get off the bloody hard shoulder. Prize pillock with far too much money and no sense.

Queue the replies of jealously, don’t care about the car or what he’s got just don’t be a complete moron.

ETS:

Why drive a £40k or £50k car on public roads when a basic small car for around £10k will suffice?

Supercars are not the reason for our ridiculous insurance premiums.

The “where there’s blame there’s a claim” culture is what causes high insurance premiums and also non insured vehicles.

They seem to act like magnets.

simcor:
Why drive a £40k or £50k car on public roads when a basic small car for around £10k will suffice?

You’re comparing apples to oranges.

They may not be THE reason but surely do contribute towards a higher avg. value of vehicles on the road, therefore higher insurance premiums on average. Why should the average driver (or his insurer) have to be liable for tens of thousands of £ worth of dmg if he had the misfortune to scratch a multi-million car because some billionaire decided to take his toy out for a drive. Surely if you can spend 1 to 5 mil. on a car you can spend 50k fixing its paintwork instead of expecting the guy who makes half that a year to pay for it

Strangely nobody has mentioned who was at fault? I wonder why? :wink:

So the car is travelling along the M25 with vehicles in front of him and vehicles behind him. Should every car driver have the responsibility of realising…Oh I am in a trucks blindspot,
I will need to slow down and leave a gap?

DOH …Its 100% the truck drivers fault to make sure it is safe to change lanes before doing so.

Stop using blindspots as a pathetic excuse for once. :imp: :imp: :imp: If you are going to drive a truck do it correctly.

ETS:

simcor:

They may not be THE reason but surely do contribute towards a higher avg. value of vehicles on the road, therefore higher insurance premiums on average. Why should the average driver (or his insurer) have to be liable for tens of thousands of £ worth of dmg if he had the misfortune to scratch a multi-million car because some billionaire decided to take his toy out for a drive. Surely if you can spend 1 to 5 mil. on a car you can spend 50k fixing its paintwork instead of expecting the guy who makes half that a year to pay for it

The amount of £1m super cars on the road the mileage they do and the amount times they’re involved in an accident, I doubt they put much if anything on your insurance premium, plenty of other drivers out there putting your premiums up far more.

And if you lucky, or got away with enough to afford one of those cars why shouldn’t you be allowed to drive, although I think the McLaren owners tours of the vineyards of Bordeaux might not be a good mixture, just imagine the claim getting caught up in their convoy, some of those GTR’s are fetching £10m+ now.

I dread to think how much that will cost to repair, will Maclaren even want it repaired?

Feel really bad for the truck driver, it doesn’t actually look that bad considering its a lightweight car against a HGV and if it was a normal car it would be a couple of grand at best but a Maclaren Senna?! it’s as good as writing a blank cheque, insurance company will be dragging its heals with that one I bet.

On a separate note I wonder what it costs to insure a supercar like this one per year? if a basic 10k costs say £400 a year on average then a supercar worth 1 million must be around £40,000? complete stab in the dark, not sure insurance comparisons compare these sort of quotes do they?

jakethesnake:

So the car is travelling along the M25 with vehicles in front of him and vehicles behind him. Should every car driver have the responsibility of realising…Oh I am in a trucks blindspot,

DOH …Its 100% the truck drivers fault to make sure it is safe to change lanes before doing so.

Stop using blindspots as a pathetic excuse for once. :imp: :imp: :imp: If you are going to drive a truck do it correctly.

Oh did nobody bite at your first post. thread not going in the direction you hoped?

ETS:

simcor:

How many million pound cars are involved in accidents daily?

Versus say oh I don’t know, Corsas?

How many Corsas duly are written off or repaired versus Million pound Supercars?

I would wager more will be spent on average cars in accidents than super cars.

One example a 54 reg Corsa and a Hyundai Accident soenthing like an P reg. Both cars written off with legal fees and compo for the 2 occupants of the Hyundai. Over £20k insurance claim. And yes I know the person involved and her insurance gave her the total cost when it was settled so she could notify her new insurance company.

A £20k payout for 2 cars worth a max of £3k.

Why shouldn’t someone drive any vehicle they can afford to own and insure on the road?

muckles:

jakethesnake:

Oh did nobody bite at your first post. thread not going in the direction you hoped?

Considering I posted them one after the other I doubt they would have had time. :smiley: