ASDA DONNY

Had the misfortune to tip there on Monday is it just me or is the place run by ediots

Not just you at all. It is.

Seems to be one shift in particular that are completely useless, the others just moderately so.

von max:
Had the misfortune to tip there on Monday is it just me or is the place run by ediots

It may be you…

Is that the rdc known as redhouse or the actual big store near donny racecourse :question: :question:

We had one of our drivers stuck in there from 0900 yesterday morning, he was still there when I finished at 1630, I hate the place with a passion!

Yep, they’re totally useless. It just seems that nobody is in a rush to be productive, and they slow themselves down even further by doing silly little things, like FLT drivers taking one empty pallet to the stack across the yard.

seth 70:
Is that the rdc known as redhouse or the actual big store near donny racecourse :question: :question:

Yes redhouse, arse of a place

Twinny:
We had one of our drivers stuck in there from 0900 yesterday morning, he was still there when I finished at 1630, I hate the place with a passion!

You can be tipped within an hour of arriving and then wait 6+ hours for your paperwork :unamused: it’s all changed since they won’t give you back your paperwork without checking every pallet.
They must have had loads of damaged stock or shortages where they have signed off the paperwork as unchecked and then been unable to claim for the loss or damages

I know what your saying and I can sort of see why they won’t sign unchecked - but what bloody difference does it make if I’m sat there when they realise it’s short or damaged.

It’s not like I can say “I’ll just get the spare out the side locker” The only response from me will be “sign the note to that effect”

It will still be either short or damaged or perfectly fine whether I’m sat in that god awful room or 100 mile down the road.

It’s a customer/supplier issue not a customer/driver one.

£100 per hour demurrage payable after the first hour. That’d cure it as it would become more economically viable for wharehouses to employ an adequate number of staff rather than pay the demurrage.

Of course it’ll never happen as you’ll get XYZ haulage telling them they won’t charge the wharehouse waiting time in an effort to gain more work!

Sounds like my sort of place, 3h+ on the bunk, happy days:lol:

Kuhene and Nagel charge demurrage fees, £50 for each hour or something, my place fell foul of it a few times trouble being the dayshift FLT is a ■■■■■■ and ignores the bell on purpose just one of those sorts that likes to be difficult and make things awkward for the hell of it, i personally have never kept a driver waiting more than 10 - 15 minutes (im the afternoons FLT)

Thing you will find with a lot of warehouses lately, mine included, they have all succumb to the eastern european agency worker and a lot of warehouses now are failing to see why they should pay a full time british person x amount when a eastern european will do it for half the wage and do the job twice as quicker, a lot of warehouses have brought wages down (mine included) and as a result nobody in warehouses are really happy, nobody gives a toss really so the attitude just rubs off on customers, drivers etc :unamused:

right then. this is the score with asda doncaster.
it isn’t ran by asda but by wincanton and has been since day 1.
when it opened we would arrive, tip and leave within 30 minutes and the next driver in would pick your paperwork up.
then they started to do tip and sign unchecked.
now the thing is, drivers got wind of this and realised that they could get away with having an item or 2 away and did so for quite awhile but then asda got the hump because they were having to pay for the shortages as the loads weren’t checked before driver left.
so asda told wincanton that they were to tip, check and inform head office of the outcome of every delivery before head office will allow them to print the relative paperwork for driver to leave.
and I know this is fact as 1 of our customers put up a fuss about it.
the only thing I can say to any driver is to turn up, tip and park up outside have your 9 hours off and go back in and pick your paperwork up the next morning.

This place is still the same today and teesport night shift and day shift. what a joke every day your waiting two or 3 hours or more on your trailer .
All this delay of time totally craps up your day especially if your a just a day or night driver. I suppose if you were a tramper you would be prepared enough to sleep it out for x hours in the cab . but a night shift driver like myself well it totally craps your day up for time and the next day and so on and so on and so on .
lack of rest etc the list could go on and on and on , what a **** job just trucking in general lol ive been at it 12 years now and wish i had never started.
The people in the transport gatehouses/not so much, but must have no idea what were up against with time driving / working ■■? . and the roads in this country are a nightmare.
I walked in to transport today get my gate passed signed for an empty after coming back from donny . guy starts filling my sheet out, his desk phone goes stops assisting me hes busy on the phone now, iam standing there thinking emmm surely you should be assisting me first the phone rang after me ■■/? .
Yes that’s right just keep me waiting even longer ive only just done a 14+ hour shift been held up at donny been held up on the roads and now your holding me up to sign my ***** gatepass .
look a just want the **** out of here and away home am possible out tonight again that’s if a don’t sleep in and keep ma phone off lol

bit of a rant trucking the worst job in the world, in Britain anyway don’t ever become one newbies .

Some jobs within the trucking world may be the worst jobs in Britain but there are different aspects to it which can be quite enjoyable and/or interesting. I think people that moan about how **** their job is because of RDC’s need to open their eyes and look for something else. I personally hate going anywhere near RDC’s so I do a job which doesn’t involve them. For me a 15 minute delay at a drop is a long time but doesn’t really happen as I just self offload (Moffett). Being prepared to do nights out makes the delays on our crappy road network bearable because you can just park it up when you’ve had enough.
Quit moaning and do something about it pal. [emoji6]

If I had regular 3 hour tip times I would be over the moon.
Could get some kip, read a book, binge game of thrones or even buy a Nintendo switch.

adam277:
If I had regular 3 hour tip times I would be over the moon.
Could get some kip, read a book, binge game of thrones or even buy a Nintendo switch.

All well and good if you can sit in your motor Adam. The real PITA comes with being corralled into a tiny holding cell with not enough hard plastic chairs for the number of soft flabby arses that need to sit.

Ye, I wouldn’t do that. Either I help tip it, you let me stay in the cab or you refuse the load.
That being said I’ve yet to go to a place that forces drivers out of the cab.

edit:
If its a place that has a subsidized canteen that I’m allowed access to I might consider it.

adam277:
Ye, I wouldn’t do that. Either I help tip it, you let me stay in the cab or you refuse the load.
That being said I’ve yet to go to a place that forces drivers out of the cab.

edit:
If its a place that has a subsidized canteen that I’m allowed access to I might consider it.

You’re easily bought! It’s not Gordon Ramsay cheffing behind the jump at these places! :grimacing: