Asda Central Scotland

Can anyone please tell me how I would enquire about LGV vacancies at Asda Central Scotland

also how do they recruit drivers, do they use an agency or contractor ?

thanks in advance.

I’ve copied your post into this forum, because I think you’ll get more responses here. dd. :wink:

Think they use agency

ask our resident asda driveers on here

gogzy:
ask our resident asda driveers on here

Calling Mr Scanny… Mr Scanny to the PDF please </Tannoy voice mode> :wink:

BUMP :grimacing:

They’ve not recruited for nearly two years now.

Great to work for, nice motors and easy shifts. Try an agency but avoid Recruitment Direct as they are ‘not the best to work with’ lets put it that way.

If you ever got in the door, always go for the chill. You get to pick a motor, better runs, easier tip whilst the ambient is just cardboard runs after 7pm and shifting badly loaded pallets.

The ADC gets all the 6 wheelers and CDC get all the 4 wheelers. It depends what you prefer but all the motors are pretty new but with two tiny fuel tanks it means two stops at the pumps (That never work).

At ADC you will wait a minimum of 1hr before you get a run,whilst CDC it’s on the desk waiting for you, just look out the window and pick a motor and off you go.

Aww bugger it - I miss it :frowning:

I had an R500 V8 for two weeks all to myself when I worked for them!

stagedriver:

Great to work for, nice motors and easy shifts. Try an agency but avoid Recruitment Direct as they are ‘not the best to work with’ lets put it that way.

If you ever got in the door, always go for the chill. You get to pick a motor, better runs, easier tip whilst the ambient is just cardboard runs after 7pm and shifting badly loaded pallets.

The ADC gets all the 6 wheelers and CDC get all the 4 wheelers. It depends what you prefer but all the motors are pretty new but with two tiny fuel tanks it means two stops at the pumps (That never work).

At ADC you will wait a minimum of 1hr before you get a run,whilst CDC it’s on the desk waiting for you, just look out the window and pick a motor and off you go.

Thanks stagedriver will try to get in there but may have to consider something else
I am looking for work as from end of month clean class 1 licence.

ASDA have stopped using application forms it’s all done online at www.ASDA.com and click on the carreers button

stagedriver:

We did recruit last year but it was only for temps,although most of them are still here!

ADC used to get all the 6 leggers but now they seem to be worming there way up to us at the cdc.

I know for a fact that we won`t be recruiting for a LONG time but we still have agency drivers in most weeks.

Hope that helps!

Im in here most days with agency (YBL) and am in at the chill tonight, as said already you would be better going agency take your pick from YBL, workwise, Target and driver hire but I would also give recruitment direct a wide berth. I was looking at trying to get full time myself but have heard that when drivers retire etc they are not replacing them as its easier to get an agency driver in especially at the chill as they wont guarantee you 8 hours so for me I would rather work at the ambient as you will get your 8 hours and then some and can easily get a fifteen hour shift doing cardboard runs. Also you could end up getting a four or six legger as they have a strange daily practice of running the units between each site but they all mostly decent motors semi automatics only a few still have gearsticks but you can tell because they are the 56 plates.So sometimes you will go in and get told to pick a unit other times you will get told to get on the minibus and pick a unit up from the other depot but at the end of the day you are hourly paid and time is money. :smiley:

Glen:
Im in here most days with agency (YBL) and am in at the chill tonight, as said already you would be better going agency take your pick from YBL, workwise, Target and driver hire but I would also give recruitment direct a wide berth. I was looking at trying to get full time myself but have heard that when drivers retire etc they are not replacing them as its easier to get an agency driver in especially at the chill as they wont guarantee you 8 hours so for me I would rather work at the ambient as you will get your 8 hours and then some and can easily get a fifteen hour shift doing cardboard runs. Also you could end up getting a four or six legger as they have a strange daily practice of running the units between each site but they all mostly decent motors semi automatics only a few still have gearsticks but you can tell because they are the 56 plates.So sometimes you will go in and get told to pick a unit other times you will get told to get on the minibus and pick a unit up from the other depot but at the end of the day you are hourly paid and time is money. :smiley:

Retire■■?

Our drivers aren’t allowed to retire-when they get too old to work they are taken to the corner of the yard and shot!

Saves asda a fortune on retiral dinners… :smiley:

joemaxi:

Glen:

Retire■■?

Our drivers aren’t allowed to retire-when they get too old to work they are taken to the corner of the yard and shot!

you aint got long left then,lets hope they dont get you on a sunny day otherwise youll blind them with that head of yours and spanky will be up here like a shot

gogzy:

joemaxi:

Glen:

Retire■■?

you aint got long left then,lets hope they dont get you on a sunny day otherwise youll blind them with that head of yours and spanky will be up here like a shot

I didnt think he cared that much for me… :smiley:

haha its not you he`d be after :stuck_out_tongue:

Well,everything is negotiable… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hope she doesn`t read this…

spanky negotiate?

do you not realise how tight he is?