Asda assessment

Anybody know what the Asda driving assessment is like?
I’ve got one tomorrow…
Before anyone says, they pay a hell of a lot more than where I am now…!!!

Depends where at.

I did mine at Wincantonski in Rochdale / Milnrow.

A full day induction, assessment itself though, pretty much a drive around the town, 1hr +/-, like most, do it how you’re told and give a smooth and safe drive, and you’ve passed.

You do like your supermarkets mate! They must get into your system. Good luck anyway.

You’ve had more jobs than I’ve had hot dinners!

in the 90’s it was as above, drive smooth/politely/at the speed limits and your fine.

then sit in a classroom as per every other place.

for what its worth I hated pretty much every second I worked for them.

waynedl:
Depends where at.

I did mine at Wincantonski in Rochdale / Milnrow.

A full day induction, assessment itself though, pretty much a drive around the town, 1hr +/-, like most, do it how you’re told and give a smooth and safe drive, and you’ve passed.

It’s at Didcot…

the maoster:
You do like your supermarkets mate! They must get into your system. Good luck anyway.

I’m on £8.50 p/h where Asda are 12.50 p/h Monday - Friday, and a weekends a lot more… :wink:

Wasn’t knocking you mate, and four squids an hour isn’t to be sneezed at, so good luck.

Curious to know how you get on mate, I’m hoping to get one in the near future so any info would be appreciated.

war1974:
in the 90’s it was as above, drive smooth/politely/at the speed limits and your fine.

then sit in a classroom as per every other place.

Same here m8,i had a stint about 15yrs ago out of normanton,its basically wiping the stores arses and faffing about in the back of trailers,way too many weekends on single time on a poor hourly rate ,most drivers have been there years and its all they know,cack :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Twelve and a half quid. Not bad for Mon-Fri days.

Do you have to have the same appearance as the shop staff? One front tooth and hair in an elastic band.

eagerbeaver:

Do you have to have the same appearance as the shop staff? One front tooth and hair in an elastic band.

That front tooth you’re referring to is known as ‘the pickle stabber’ it’s used in emergency situations for opening cans of dried goods and poking the lone pickles in the bottom of a jar.

Ah. Thanks mate. Is it in any way related to the [zb] stabber?

eagerbeaver:
Ah. Thanks mate. Is it in any way related to the [zb] stabber?

Depends on alcohol consumed…

theres a couple of lads from Reading gone there you probably know, i was gonna apply a while ago but Didcot is too far for me. From what I was told the assessment isn’t too much to worry about, nothing out of the ordinary, was also told they may do a team building exercise to see how you cooperate with colleagues while trying to complete a task.

They do a 6 month probation period if I remember rightly, but don’t quote me on that.

Goodluck

eagerbeaver:

Same rate for sat sun aswell eagerbeaver,no such things as weekends at asda ,i only got 4 full weekends in every 10 week,you have more chance of raking ■■■■ upstairs than getting a holiday for a sat sun aswell :unamused: forget going to weddings or owt else normal folk do at weekends :unamused:

In view of the factual info update off my mate Seth, I make the following (amendment) statement;

Pile of turd.

Weekends are the ■■■■■’s…meow

seth 70:
,way too many weekends on single time on a poor hourly rate,cack :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

zb that, I bet you’re micro managed as well like tesco:evil:

selby newcomer:
theres a couple of lads from Reading gone there

Goodluck

Pmsl:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

war1974:

Why…?

DAF95XF:
Asda driving assessment
I’ve got one tomorrow…!!

Yeah good luck mate:)

Pimpdaddy:

seth 70:
,way too many weekends on single time on a poor hourly rate,cack :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

zb that, I bet you’re micro managed as well like tesco:evil:

selby newcomer:
theres a couple of lads from Reading gone there

Goodluck

Pmsl:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

war1974:

Why…?

DAF95XF:
Asda driving assessment
I’ve got one tomorrow…!!

Yeah good luck mate:)

What a knob this fella is, if your gonna quote what I say don’t twist it to try and mean something else