"As as professional driver....."

Apparently “as a professional driver you’ll go where I send you” as told me by one of our transport clerks whose going way above their station…
So I thought you want to go down the professional driver route do you :wink:
My reply was “as a professional driver then I’m feeling tired and I’ll go home then”, love a bit of bluff calling at this hour 'cause they haven’t got enough drivers for the work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And since they recognise you as a professional they respect your judgment and treat you like one? I think not… :-p

Race Trucker:
And since they recognise you as a professional they respect your judgment and treat you like one? I think not… :-p

Far from it, like school kids sometimes…

As an agency driver I got asked this morning when I was told that a client had found out they needed another tramper today and Tuesday and maybe Wednesday possibly all week how soon could I get there my answer was " I can’t as when I got told there was no work for me for today to scrub me off the plan all week because I was going to take the week off " I then got asked “why but you had all last week off and they need you now " my answer was " just because I can” which I thought I was rather a polite reply.

Does this mean us drivers now have them held by the balls or what…!?:lol:

Pimpdaddy:
Does this mean us drivers now have them held by the balls or what…!?:lol:

We have always had them by the balls, unfortunately most of us are too scared to do anything about it.

I wouldn’t be taking that off a T clerk, no way.

DAF95XF:
Apparently “as a professional driver you’ll go where I send you” as told me by one of our transport clerks whose going way above their station…
My reply was “as a professional driver then I’m feeling tired and I’ll go home then”, love a bit of bluff calling at this hour 'cause they haven’t got enough drivers for the work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And what led up to this little exchange?

What kind of firm does everyone else work for? I take what my boss tells me to take to where he tells me to take it thats what a lorry driver does isnt it?
Also as a supermarket driver you may not be so smug come january when work dies.

Well if you didn’t go where they send you how would anything get done? Or was it a crap run and you’re picking and choosing?

Got guys like that at my place while the rest of us do what’s in front of us, they ■■■■■ like little girls.

DonutUK:

DAF95XF:

And what led up to this little exchange?

And I dare say you won’t be using that line for a few years.

We don’t pick and choose where we go.

Office say go there, i’m paid to go there, its my job to go there, its their job to send me there, so i go there…whats the problem.

He might not be picking his work, I have done supermarket work where they will put the load on a artic office staff will tell you to take it but give you a risk accessment saying store can only be done with 18 tonner. Do you tell them or go and bring it back then have the trouble of why did you take it without telling us.

The clerk is not above his “station” his job is to get the stock out the gate, your job is to deliver it, why make things difficult for your employer, who further down the line is likely to make things difficult for you.

It’s a two way street, they are short of drivers you have sufficient time left to do the job requested, sooner or later you’re going to need a favor off them, maybe an early finish or a short notice holiday what do you think their answer will be to such a request.

I see this type of us and them attitude at my depot and think to myself how long some of them would last in the real world, not long most of them. Man up or shut up.

DAF95XF:

:unamused:

merc0447:
Well if you didn’t go where they send you how would anything get done? Or was it a crap run and you’re picking and choosing?

Got guys like that at my place while the rest of us do what’s in front of us, they ■■■■■ like little girls.

Well said :sunglasses:

Was with another of our driver last week, he was having a paddy, he’d crazed the planner for a night out, when said driver got back from his first local job in the morning, the planner says theres a Coventry for the afternoon, stop out when your done night out as requested :wink:
I was at Coventry with him in the afternoon, and he was ■■■■■■■■ because he wanted something further up the road, I cant get my head round it, he was given a night out, we’re on fixed daily rate, so what was the problem :unamused:

OP,

What does your job description or CV say?

Mine says HGV CE Driver.

Which means I’m paid to drive. If I rock up to work and he gives me a load of stone to Outer Mongolia it’s ■■■■■■■ going to Outer Mongolia Why? Because it’s his name on the lorry and his signature on the cheques.

Perhaps less time coming the big man and more time focussing on driving wouldn’t hurt you.

wot he said. as a driver i just drive where i’m told too.

I cannot understand why there are not enough drivers to do the work.
The TRG advert says there are very good wages to be had, you know your roster 10 weeks in advance and you even get free hot drinks.Sounds wonderful.

Tipper Tom:
OP,

What does your job description or CV say?

Mine says HGV CE Driver.

Which means I’m paid to drive. If I rock up to work and he gives me a load of stone to Outer Mongolia it’s [zb] going to Outer Mongolia Why? Because it’s his name on the lorry and his signature on the cheques.

Perhaps less time coming the big man and more time focussing on driving wouldn’t hurt you.

Love this one…and i totally agree