As an O/D would you have one of these

Yours for 29000 Euros at www.kleyn.com

http://www.kleyn.com/item-152482

Theres a guy who runs out of Thamesport on the box’s has one, in red. He had a bit of a struggle getting type approval docs, and he go’s everywhere at 50 mph :confused:

if I could earn good money just on 40ft boxes then yes but but I’d want some flexibility so I’d most likely go with a euro truck that could pull a 45 foot trailer

Although compared to a normal Euro cabbed truck it looks great, it’s pretty ugly for a US motor. My two concerns would be Type approval, and actually getting into some places.

alix776:
if I could earn good money just on 40ft boxes then yes but but I’d want some flexibility so I’d most likely go with a euro truck that could pull a 45 foot trailer

Even on 40’ box’s it may just be over the legal, but no probs on low loaders or shortish powder tankers. As for type approval there must be a way as both operators seem to have succeded in getting the necessary docs.
I’d love one, but as Tramper said, getting into some places with a box could be tricky, and as for going on to some farms…Noooo thank you :open_mouth: although with double drive it would help getting in and out of some of the s-holes I visit, also no autobox. But if Volvo put that cab on a R/Hand drive Euro cab-over FH chassis with i-trans. :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Didnt some one on bulk work register one in Holland and that seemed to get around the type approval docs.

These people can import into Germany and sort all the paperwork out, I guess that would include the type approval stuff us-truck.com/

to big to get into sum places tho , good sleeper on em but after all it is still one of those" [zb] HORRIBLES" fh "cabs aint it, waste of time,

if it needs stars you know it’s going to get [zb]'d…Denis F

i’d rather have a t cab scania or a longline than mess about with all that paper work, but for a owner driver these type of trucks are no good

what i don’t understand is why are euro style cabs so short? i bet if you counted one hundred artics on a motorway eighty would be pulling a trailer at least a foot or more away from the cab, that foot of extra room behind the seat would make a world of difference in terms of tackle and comfort for nights out.

interesting to see them I have seen a few peter builts in the flesh over here rhd as well way too long for our roads and the owners can generally only pull single trailers.I am surprised you dont get over there is the freightliner agrosy and it could fit in pretty well in europe the open out stair case is amazing to see in the flesh for the first time.
meggala

Again it comes down to the Type Approval regulations, and the hoops you have to jump through to get approval. Personally, I think that Argossy’s are pretty ■■■■ ugly, but the steps are ace, even if they’re something else to go wrong.

Tramper:
Again it comes down to the Type Approval regulations, and the hoops you have to jump through to get approval. Personally, I think that Argossy’s are pretty ■■■■ ugly, but the steps are ace, even if they’re something else to go wrong.

Have you got yours all done ■■