Articulated Trailer lengths

Hi guys,

hope your all well, the concept is coming on well, i will post some pics at some stage!

Jsut a quick one for you tho, am i right in saying the trailer length for an articulated unit is 45ft?

Cheers,

Concept.

13.6 metres is about standard but there are also variations i.e. extendable trailers hope that helps.

under construction and use regs max length 13.6
can be shorter
or as said sometimes longer with permission

As trailer lengths are being discuss here. How come it is possible legally, I assume, to lengthen a 45 footer with a Moffet on the back ? Which must be another 2 or 3 metres.

cheers for the help guys.

DAFMAD:
As trailer lengths are being discuss here. How come it is possible legally, I assume, to lengthen a 45 footer with a Moffet on the back ? Which must be another 2 or 3 metres.

iirc, and I’m not 100% on this, it’s because it isn’t a permanent part of the trailer structure so it’s classified as part of the load, so as long as it’s properly secured, marked if it projects a certain amount or more, then you’re legal.
Same as a steel-load projecting out beyond the bed of a trailer, so long as it’s properly marked.

el gordo 78:

DAFMAD:

iirc, and I’m not 100% on this, it’s because it isn’t a permanent part of the trailer structure so it’s classified as part of the load, so as long as it’s properly secured, marked if it projects a certain amount or more, then you’re legal.
Same as a steel-load projecting out beyond the bed of a trailer, so long as it’s properly marked.

that’s how I remember it too :wink: applies to overhanging straw bales too :laughing:

The maximum length for a Artic unit and trailer in the uk is 16.4metres
Wagon and Drag is 18.5 metres I believe.