Article in this weeks CM - ref forigen drivers with no CPC

Okay so the article is saying that if the card is not on them then they will give them a £30 find… but if they do not have one at all then they may not be able to get them to turn up in court, and the courts have no real power as they do not control there operators licene… so we will have to pay the grand for driving without a valid CPC licence but they dont…now am i missing the point of living on an island■■? surely we can check them at the ports and refuse them entry or is that a bit to sensible idea ■■

Jenson Button:
Okay so the article is saying that if the card is not on them then they will give them a £30 find… but if they do not have one at all then they may not be able to get them to turn up in court, and the courts have no real power as they do not control there operators licene… so we will have to pay the grand for driving without a valid CPC licence but they dont…now am i missing the point of living on an island■■? surely we can check them at the ports and refuse them entry or is that a bit to sensible idea ■■

Checking them out at the Ports before entry is a far too easy way of finding out if they have a card or not :open_mouth: You will have to come up with another solution mate :wink: :laughing:

im thinking come next year there will be plenty off british drivers with no cpc either.

If you go over the 18 ton weight limit in Bradford on Avon in Wiltshire, in a UK registered truck, you get a £1000 fine and a court day out for free.
In a foreign truck, you are exempt, as they can not chase it up, and have no powers to do so in Europe, even if they wrote down the address/contact details from the cab/trailer, that does not do anything, as it could have been sold on without repainting it.
If the bridge is that dangerous, there is no engineers report to say that, and it has been there for 400 years without a problem.

How about when you book in for the ferry or train, they have to produce a valid DCPC, or no ticket will be sold, and can not travel to the UK.

toby1234abc:
How about when you book in for the ferry or train, they have to produce a valid DCPC, or no ticket will be sold, and can not travel to the UK.

NAH !! still too easy.

jessicas dad:
im thinking come next year there will be plenty off british drivers with no cpc either.

well come next year I wont have one, but I wont need one
until sept of next year and then I will be 66
40 yrs tramping all over Europe
sit in a classroom listening to some twerp teach me :smiley:
where do I sign up :question: