Artic or Wagg and Dragg

I come to the decision that I need to do my C+E. Peter Smythe is the best option so far and awaiting paperwork.
After passing (fingers crossed) I’ll go onto the agency and gain experience.

The question is do I do wagg and dragg or Artic.
Ultimately I would like to move into haulage as I have my HIAB.

Without a doubt, w+d is the easiest way of obtaining the CE licence. But I always advise a couple of hours familiarisation on an artic for comfort.

It really doesn’t matter what vehicle you pass on, there will always be something new to learn when your’e presented with one to drive in the real world.

Best of luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

If PS is the best place then pass in WD and then go for half day artic training elsewhere if not done there

ROG:
If PS is the best place then pass in WD and then go for half day artic training elsewhere if not done there

Very good point and at most I could always do an assessment in Artic for the sake of £30? for comfort.
Decision made and thanks for advice.

Which one will you be driving once you have passed!!

Need say no more!

pokemon151:

ROG:

Very good point and at most I could always do an assessment in Artic for the sake of £30? for comfort.
Decision made and thanks for advice.

Artic coupling is a little different

Artic reversing is also different but the principals are the same

Got a mate who drives an artic that you can go out with and do some bits with?

Done my test on a wag and drag a pass is a pass they tell me

then struggled struggled struggled :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
with reversing an artic
trying to get on to loading bays was a very stressful event

practice make perfect

I passed in a W&D it is much easier now drive an artic some days reverse is np other days not so good I have even started again as it went wrong then after starting again straight in

I have seen very experienced driver make a mass of a reverse

I’m in the same boat. I’ve just done my cat C and I’m going to do my C+E with the same company who also have a W&D. I’ll then either have a short lesson with a company with an artic. Not sure how much that will cost though. Or I would imagine if you went to a decent company for work they would understand your situation and give you a bit of training before you go out alone. And as for reversing. It seems many people have the odd reversing problem no matter what they passed in.

many people have the odd reversing problem no matter what they passed in.[/quote

+1 :laughing: :laughing:

benbailey81:
I’m in the same boat. I’ve just done my cat C and I’m going to do my C+E with the same company who also have a W&D. I’ll then either have a short lesson with a company with an artic. Not sure how much that will cost though. Or I would imagine if you went to a decent company for work they would understand your situation and give you a bit of training before you go out alone. And as for reversing. It seems many people have the odd reversing problem no matter what they passed in.

I Have noticed having a Hiab ticket
opens a lot more doors for new c+e drivers jobs