artic or rigid

this ones for everyone with a class one if you got offered a job driving a rigid and it was more money than your getting now and lets say the truck was brand new similar or slightly less hours would you take it .my answer would be id take it cuz the only work on artics i find would interest me would be european but i can’t do that as my wife and kids come first ,(which is why i’ll not be at the uttoxeter show tomorrow :angry: )

It would have to be a amazingly good job, truck and money for me to want to go on rigids. I hate the things. :wink:

yes i would no problem.the job would need to be good apart from that they could give me the oldest and slowest truck in the depot.as long as job gets done. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At the end of the day,I don’t give 2 hoots what I drive,so long as the money is right.

Ken.

I would ride a push bike and trailer if the money was right!!!

DAFMAD:
I hate the things. :wink:

Why? I have no problem driving rigids.

They’re easier to reverse into tight spaces. If you’re away over night, it’s easier to find a space to park in a busy lorry park or layby. The only draw-back is there’s less chance of getting a high-roof cab.

Sure, I would drive rigids full-time. I already swap between bendy and 7.5 tonner regularly in my job. Granted I prefer the artic over the puddle-jumper any day, but I aint got a problem driving it all the time.

So long as I get paid I’ll drive just about anything. I quite often get van work as well as rigids and wag and drag.

thanks for the replys guys i wasnt expecting that so many would say yes i put that up on here as i remembered a survey a truckmag did and the vote went the other way. :laughing:

I’ve got no problem, as long as the job and money was right. I rather do an intresting haulage job with a rigid than RDC work with an Artic.

I would deliver using a skateboard.

As long as they paid me artic money, or more.

I don’t have a preference for driving certain vehicles. I try to use the best one for the job.

What you have stated is that it is more money, brand new truck and slightly less hours I’d bite there hand off.

Just my thoughts!

I’ve taken a job on a rigid over the last 3 months or so, but I want to get back on an artic, so I’ve left and gone to agency work (nothing aginst rigids, I can feel myself getting rusty on the artic).

my new job (start monday :smiley: ) is class1 money for driving a rigid so i got no ptoblems with it :smiley: :smiley: .

be nice to get back in one and tootle about (watch me [zb] the reversing up)

jon

Ive drove all sorts over the years Carl, and to be honest a lot of the rigids are ok to drive, but have small cabs. Having said that, I would take a ridig job if it was an interesting job, the money would have to be about the same, but the enjoyment of a job is a big thing to me.

jonboy:
my new job (start monday :smiley: ) is class1 money for driving a rigid so i got no ptoblems with it :smiley: :smiley: .

be nice to get back in one and tootle about (watch me [zb] the reversing up)

jon

i can see it now…artic driver reverses rigid wrong way into car :laughing: :laughing:

how’s my driving…bloody terrible :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If the money is worth getting out of bed for and the radio works with no crackles, I will drive almost anything. Except an Actros :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
If the money is worth getting out of bed for and the radio works with no crackles, I will drive almost anything. Except an Actros :stuck_out_tongue:

go on then malc your going to have a good answer for not wanting to drive an actros :question: but i’m going to ask your reasons anyway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

this better be good though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: