Artic distribution (bedford)

Can anyone give me the ‘heads up’ on this firm (pay, conditions, trucks etc) Ta very much :smiley:

I worked for them about 18 months ago.

They did TPN local pallet network stuff. Always in trouble with the hub as they were useless and nearly always late. They had a few trailers and a couple of units for some longer distance stuff - usually subbie work for another local firm, mostly beer from the Charles Wells brewery and radiators which go to builders merchants all over the place. They tend to do the work nobody else will do.

They’re hilariously unorganised, but to most peoples amazement, they seem to be survivors. There is often an atmosphere of chaos, panic and agro in the office - just seems to be just the way they work! The staff, yard and office, never stopped ■■■■■■■■ about one another, but I got along with them alright. I oten chuckle to myself when I recall some of the daft, ill thought out jobs I was given to do. The main man there, Kevin, means well but often doesn’t have a clue, and often over rules the few people who do know what they’re doing, with chaotic results, often ending in apologies from him. I heard he had health probs due to stress but he’s unable to let go of his powers and let others make decisions. I felt sorry for him most of the time.

Pay and conditions, I don’t know for sure as I was a subbie but I wouldn’t think that either are particularly great. I think it was £8-9/hour for HGV drivers.

The vehicles they own (7.5’s and vans) are pretty rubbish and the leased rigids are lowest spec axors, the leased artics are a CF and a stralis, which was fine until someone put diesel in the adblue. Put it this way, it took them about 4 months to get it fixed and running on full power again - even then it sometimes dropped back onto reduced power.

Some of their work can be quite fun though. I quite enjoyed it a lot of the time. If you’re local to them, they might be worth a shot. Just be stubborn but open about your driving hours as they sometimes give you impossible tasks.

Thanks for your (in depth) reply mate - it’s appreciated. Think I’ll give them a swerve but if anybody out there is interested they are advertising for Class one’s now…

I didn’t exactly sell it, did I? :smiley:

Ha ha absolutely fella - looking at your location, we’re not too far apart, I’m in shefford