Arthur Daley stops for a break,but which services is it?

All I know is it was between London and Scotland.Its described as Corley on the minder fan website but I dont think it is.Mid eighties

As far as hobbies go, I’m failing to see the attraction of analysing Arthur Daly’s movements.

And it’s worth mentioning that film and TV location finders (yes, that’s a real job) have only a passing acquaintance with depicting locations factually. For example, most Tynesiders will have watched the classic Get Carter film and laughed at the way places as far as 30 miles or more apart are depicted as being next to each other.

You should be like CF and get into making Airfix models :laughing:

Zac_A:
As far as hobbies go, I’m failing to see the attraction of analysing Arthur Daly’s movements.

And it’s worth mentioning that film and TV location finders (yes, that’s a real job) have only a passing acquaintance with depicting locations factually. For example, most Tynesiders will have watched the classic Get Carter film and laughed at the way places as far as 30 miles or more apart are depicted as being next to each other.

Wheres the like button :slight_smile:

Please don’t mention A frame trailers and set CF off again on a dissertation and thesis cut, copied and pasted off the TinterWebby.

Bone Shaker:
Please don’t mention A frame trailers and set CF off again on a dissertation and thesis cut, copied and pasted off the TinterWebby.

Shhh… Don’t… Oh, now you’ve done it, you’ve invoked the name of “he who shall not be named” :laughing:

Great, just what we need in 30 degrees of heat to decipher 122 pages about A frame core central integral and integrated weight transfer process principles.

I’ve had a good look through “Motorway Services Online” (a SABRE affiliated website) at the old photographs. I can’t find a definite candidate but I think its one of the older sites and that the shot with a guy with the bonnet open shows one end of one of the bridges over the motorway which were common to early services.

I also don’t think its Corley, my guesses would be Hilton Park, Toddington or Newport Pagnell.

I’m not familiar with this film, but would they go that far from London just to film a ‘journey to Scotland’ service station?

Lonewolf Yorks:
the shot with a guy with the bonnet open shows one end of one of the bridges over the motorway which were common to early services.

I’m not familiar with this film, but would they go that far from London just to film a ‘journey to Scotland’ service station?

I was on board for a but with the footbridge theory.

The only place I can think of with the arched glazed roof is Heston, which fits with the convenience of being close to their usual locations.

I think what you thought was a bridge is now the enterprise office.

Man! He’s right, I didn’t look at the M4. You can’t really see that building any more from the services car park now cos of trees. And yes its got the arched foyer. I think you have it!

From Motorway Services Online

“Perhaps because of its location near London, Heston is a popular filming location. It featured in the 1979 film ‘Radio On’, in the 1983 series ‘Widows’ and in 1984 and 1988 episodes of ‘Minder’. It was used in a 1990 episode of ‘House of Cards’, where it was said to be on the M27.”

Also there is a photo of the foyer from inside which is clearly the same place. Especially as the same bloke with the briefcase is in the shot :smiley:

Zac_A:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think it is great to know where the locations are,it is nostalgia of how it was in the yesteryears. I was in my teens when Minder was out,and didn’t take to it back then. Thanks for the reruns,I have now caught up :grimacing: Even the Professionals,when when buildings once stood etc

Bone Shaker:
Great, just what we need in 30 degrees of heat to decipher 122 pages about A frame core central integral and integrated weight transfer process principles.

funny equation meme.jpg

Photo of CF taken off his social media account and his much adored and beloved A frame trailer.

0665BF64-8695-4445-A7F5-E7A5FBC5B038.jpeg

Lonewolf Yorks:
I’ve had a good look through “Motorway Services Online” (a SABRE affiliated website) at the old photographs. I can’t find a definite candidate but I think its one of the older sites and that the shot with a guy with the bonnet open shows one end of one of the bridges over the motorway which were common to early services.

I also don’t think its Corley, my guesses would be Hilton Park, Toddington or Newport Pagnell.

They went as far as Birmingham,at least ,because there is some footage of spagetti junction in it

Yes,sorry,I forgot to say the website mentioned Heston but also Corley.But I dont think it was Corley either