Arla

Currently looking for a new job with more hours not long seen that arla are looking for drivers nation wide ,
Can anybody give me a rough description to what the job is like I believe it’s doing bulk milk collections from farms can imagine some of them farms being out in the sticks and tricky to find ,
Would love to know what a average day is like,
Cheers for any feedback guys

Not sure about their milk collection work other than to say most farms are out in the country side.
Their milk deliveries to stores are OK, decent money and all day work. The tets, milk cages, weigh upto half a tonne, but are easy enough to move. Expect between 3 and 12 drops a day. Some are easy, some not so.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Milk collections. …

Arrive at depot.
Get route/collection details.
Get truck.
Drive to first farm. It will be in the sticks. It may be muddy. ■■■■■■■ Tight. Narrow.
Manoeuvre rear close to dairy entrance.
Open dairy.
Check milk temp.
Agitate milk.
Take milk sample.
Connect hose to milk tank.
Set up collection on the on board computer.
Pump milk across.
disconnect pipe.
Start c.i.p. procedure for milk tank.
print receipt for farm.

Repeat as many times as you have farms to collect.

Drive to reload station or dairy.
reload.
Connect pipe to bulk tank trailer.
Set up on board computer.
Pump milk across.

Do more collections and repeat, or cip truck and go home.

Spot on for the replies guys looks like I’m gonna be going down the agency and sign up for that :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Helps if you like the smell of rotting milk.

I’ve got some ratchet straps that I used when I briefly worked for Arla and 2 years later they still stink of sour milk

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

A friend of mine used to work on bulk farm years ago out of Leeds. In his first year as a newbie, he was rota’d for xmas day, boxing day and new years day. As he said, “just because it is xmas, cows don’t stop producing.”

Just remember you might work those shifts.

Ken.

I’m not to fused about working over Xmas I’ll try and book it off but if I cant I cant it is what it is !..
If anybody has worked for arla how do you go about locating these farms is via sat nav or map , just trying to get as much info as possible about the company

I imagine a lot of it will be pumping other drivers for info, sat navs are ■■■■■ at finding places like that.

Horley:
I’m not to fused about working over Xmas I’ll try and book it off but if I cant I cant it is what it is !..
If anybody has worked for arla how do you go about locating these farms is via sat nav or map , just trying to get as much info as possible about the company

Not done milk tankers, but I have done a lot of farm work. I’ve always used a combination of sat nav, maps, talking to colleagues and phoning the farmer where needed.

You will spend a lot of times going down lanes, questioning your sanity for taking the turning and then you’ll see the farm and sigh a sigh of relief.
Believe me, you will get lost and you will have some incredibly hard manoeuvres to master, but you’ll come out of a job like that realising that you can put a wagon anywhere!

the nodding donkey:
Milk collections. …

Arrive at depot.
Get route/collection details.
Get truck.
Drive to first farm. It will be in the sticks. It may be muddy. [zb]. Tight. Narrow.
Manoeuvre rear close to dairy entrance.
Open dairy.
Check milk temp.
Agitate milk.
Take milk sample.
Connect hose to milk tank.
Set up collection on the on board computer.
Pump milk across.
disconnect pipe.
Start c.i.p. procedure for milk tank.
print receipt for farm.

Repeat as many times as you have farms to collect.

Drive to reload station or dairy.
reload.
Connect pipe to bulk tank trailer.
Set up on board computer.
Pump milk across.

Do more collections and repeat, or cip truck and go home.

And if your like me you’ll do all of the above on your own in the dark as finding farms & milk tanks on farms is no fun in the daytime