Arla Foods, Stourton Leeds

Hi to all - hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and have a full tank of whatever flavour fuel you use…

I had a letter today from Drivers Plus who are doing sourcing for Arla’s tanker work expansion. I have an assessment and interview next Wednesday - which I’m chuffed about.

Been told it’s a rolling four on four off etc with extra’s on offer when you don’t get four days/nights in a particular week.

Anybody been down to them for an assessment ? I’d be grateful for any advice/tips re the driving assessment route or procedure as this is my first after working solely for the Agency thieves.

Thanks in anticipation. :smiley: :smiley:

good luck with that job :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you enjoy up to 15 deliverys a day of trollys of milk plus the returns.

ive seen that advert plus richard from drivers plus is a lying two faced ■■■■ plus that lying bird who works there.

if you could get on the other side with the dairy products is a good number.

make sure you get paid for the driving assessment ive have heard its 8hr shift.

I believe there after drivers for the 6 legged milk tankers (collections), you can apply direct, I am, so don’t nick my job :smiley:

MADBAZ:
I believe there after drivers for the 6 legged milk tankers (collections), you can apply direct, I am, so don’t nick my job :smiley:

that would quite interesting then going round all the farms :laughing:

Not farms as far as I can teel, I think from some sort of intermediate storage/processing places.

You collect from farms and drop off in storage in Settle, Thirsk, or Lincoln im told.

If it’s steaming round the Dales I’m up for it, could be scary though if tanks aren’t baffled, spent a lot of my youth in that area on 2 wheels.

fwiw check your trailer lights before you kick off.
The few times I worked out of ASDA at Normanton I noticed a disproportionate number of Arla rigs with 1 or both trailer lights out (at night).

Don’t know if they’ve got a spanner monkey putting the wrong bulbs in or something but it’s odd.

Though that was back in November…

jessicas dad:
good luck with that job :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

if you enjoy up to 15 deliverys a day of trollys of milk plus the returns.

ive seen that advert plus richard from drivers plus is a lying two faced [zb] plus that lying bird who works there.

if you could get on the other side with the dairy products is a good number.

make sure you get paid for the driving assessment ive have heard its 8hr shift.

Alex.

Firstly,if you read the op,you’ll see that he mentioned the tanker work,not the delivery work.

Secondly,Richard doesn’t have the lying bird working for him anymore, (Katie.) as he has now left the office in Drighlington,and moved the operation back home.He did this about 18 months ago,and all the office staff got their marching orders.Don’t forget,I too used to work for him.

The tanker work is ok,but you will have to get to some of the farms,up some extremely narrow tracks,and when it’s icy,it can be a lot of fun.My mate used to work on bulk farm,and the money USED TO BE less than the delivery side,but I don’t know if that is still the case.

He said it was one of the easiest jobs going,but the work rota can include bank holidays,christmas day and new years day.As my mate said, ‘Just because it’s christmas day,the cows don’t stop producing.’

Ken.

tobytyke:
You collect from farms and drop off in storage in Settle, Thirsk, or Lincoln im told.

Northallerton, not Thirsk.

Only 9 miles, but Northallerton is a MUCH nicer place :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oops, don’t tell anyone…

TC

The_Catman:

tobytyke:

Only 9 miles, but Northallerton is a MUCH nicer place :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oops, don’t tell anyone…

TC

Northallerton is where they make the cream,but some of the milk collected,does go back to Stourton.

Ken.

Quinny:
Secondly,Richard doesn’t have the lying bird working for him anymore, (Katie.) as he has now left the office in Drighlington,and moved the operation back home.He did this about 18 months ago,and all the office staff got their marching orders.Don’t forget,I too used to work for him.
Ken.

thats good news if he sorted it all out then because all i got of richard and katie was a load ■■■■ eg… " yes its a 12 hr run " get there and the job is an 8 hr run. got fed up with those games.

Quinny:

The_Catman:

tobytyke:

Oops, don’t tell anyone…

TC

Northallerton is where they make the cream,but some of the milk collected,does go back to Stourton.

Ken.

Confirmation then, for the cream go to Northallerton

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

SO … Has any one been for interview / assesment @ Arla yet ? Just curious, as i am down for Weds. this week. Just wondered what to expect ?
Not bothered about tankers - been there / done that :slight_smile: … plus done bulk farm collection before :laughing: :laughing:

Well i was told to expect a phone call about interview 2weeks ago and am still waiting too. :open_mouth:

Going down there this Wednesday at 10am for mine … been told to expect 3 hours.

I,ve got mine @3pm Weds. Richard at Drivers Plus told me ( and other lads that were there at interview ) that he was “putting forward” guys that had got “tanker experience” first, not sure the reason why - might be why Tobytyke, you,ve not got a date yet. It is going to take Arla a while to go through to get 100 drivers.

Thats fine mate but the last time i spoke with Richard he seemed to think that not having Tanker experience would be an issue, can you let me know in PM how you get on please :sunglasses:

My mate,as previously mentioned in one of my posts,has an interview tomorrow, (Wednesday) with Richard,at about 12 noon.

I’ll let you know how he went on.

Ken.

My mate has had his interview,and all looks good.

And by the way,Hi Richard. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.