Argos double decker

liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv … os-8732637

Well strapped that cage!!!

image.jpg

Great, if that’s from a DHL run site I will have another 50 million sign offs with the added threat of “or else” before I leave next week…

Really can’t make head nor tail of what’s happened there. If that’s another snapped trailer chassis it will be the second posted on here in as many weeks.

What the hell has happened there ?

It looks like the swan neck is still attached to the unit, but strange that it is only the floor.

When it said lost its trailer you assume a hook up ■■■■ up but that does look like the trailer has actually come apart :astonished:

It probably won’t have a chassis at all as such. It will be a monocoque construction where all the strength is/was in the plywood sides.

Reading the report again it says that the trailer came apart. Also in the pic that looks like a shunter on the front of the trailer quite how he is going to move it with no coupling or floor!( Clever drivers them shunters)

Must be a new form of urban delivery trailer you just take the bit with the load for that delivery on (hehe). I know theres not much too them trailers but I have never heard of one breaking like that before, especially as they dont very often carry much weight, they tend to bulk out first.

I think they have a chassis, but often wonder how strong they can be with the step compared to a straight frame.

Trucker56:
Reading the report again it says that the trailer came apart. Also in the pic that looks like a shunter on the front of the trailer quite how he is going to move it with no coupling or floor!( Clever drivers them shunters)

think you’ll find that’s a wrecker

Yeah a wrecker I expect it would be able to put some chains around the landing gear or get the lifting boom behind them.

The super structure failed and the swan neck detached.
(By the way the driver is completely blameless before all the conspiracy theories start.)
Not surprised it’s come apart as these trailers go over on the ferry to Ireland on a daily basis and really get some stick by the dock shunters.

What happens is water gets into the plywood and rots it from the inside. I’ve seen it happen on box trailers before where there is no proper chassis. It looks like an older Don Bur tandem the newer ones tend to have the edges better sealed against water.

I would be very surprised if it has a full length beam chassis there will be some steel underneath but it won’t have any structural strength the axles are just mounted on a sub frame module usually. Every so often you hear a tale of a farmer that tried to cut one down to a flat for bales. :unamused:

moomooland:
(By the way the driver is completely blameless before all the conspiracy theories start.)

Even if he’s agency?

Big Roy:

moomooland:

Even if he’s agency?

Here we go :unamused: :unamused:

For your information he is a long serving company driver.

Happy now?

moomooland:

Big Roy:
Even if he’s agency?

Here we go :unamused: :unamused:

For your information he is a long serving company driver.

Happy now?

There will still be those that mention the limp etc :unamused: :unamused:

Saying that, they might not! because now I’ve posted on occasions some threads seem to disappear :laughing:

ive heard of giving it a tug once coupled, but that’s a bit over the top,

I wonder if they will do the same as the airlines etc when theres a complete equipment failure and ground all the trailers…lessons will be learned and all the usual standard waffle.somehow I think not…them trucks need to be paid for…keep them lit !!!

Not like scousers to take part of the trailer, they normally take a full one :laughing: