Argos Bedford trunk driver

DCPCFML:
I wonder how much “further thought” Dave needs?

Who knows.
But you’re not a credible witness for the ‘persecution’ regardless nor is the wording of that Argos/Wincanton job advert.
Handling cages and due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required and must be fully flexible in relation to duties.
Tripe indeed.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169978&start=30#p2781683

Carryfast:

DCPCFML:

Who knows.
But you’re not a credible witness for the ‘persecution’ regardless nor is the wording of that Argos/Wincanton job advert.
Handling cages and due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required and must be fully flexible in relation to duties.
Tripe indeed.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169978&start=30#p2781683

Time to stop living in fantasy land and listen to someone who has done that job and know what you do on a day to day basis.

DCPCFML:

tmcassett:
Obviously not, because you continued to post your tripe, despite being told by people who actually have done and do that job telling you to the contrary you are reading into things that aren’t true.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5#p2760525

For someone who is a failed lorry driver and hasn’t had a job in this industry for 30 years, Carryfast sure does seem to know a lot about everyone else’s jobs, seemingly more so than the actual person doing that job.

tmcassett:
For someone who is a failed lorry driver and hasn’t had a job in this industry for 30 years, Carryfast sure does seem to know a lot about everyone else’s jobs, seemingly more so than the actual person doing that job.

1999 - 2021 isn’t 30 years.
The rest of your protests, against my observations regarding what the advert actually says, are about as credible as that.
Failed lorry drivers don’t generally get chucked the keys of an A frame drawbar outfit on the basis of then being able to reverse it through a slalom course and put the trailer under a demount box from 90 degrees.They also don’t generally get commendations by their employer for their service and safe driving.

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:
( Sorry Dave I will definitely say no more about it than that ).

• THERE ARE NO WAREHOUSE DUTIES INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO HEAVY LIFTING INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO BREAKING/SPLITTING PALLETS DOWN INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO MULTI-DROP INVOLVED (other than what I mentioned re: 2 store deliveries then supplier collection as an example of a typical day)
  • THERE IS NO LABOURING INVOLVED

Yes I heard it the first time.

Which leaves the question, strictly for Dave to answer, in a serious driver shortage environment, which supposedly threatens the supply chain, surely that’s how they’d want to word the job description in the advert to maximise interest and takers and not the wording which is actually written ?.
If not why not ?.

And we heard you the first time, but it hasn’t stopped you repeating, hundreds of times, your horrific tale, of the day you were expected to do a bit of work.
You’re a one trick pony who pollutes every thread with your diatribe about the disastrous time when you had to expend a bit of energy.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:
( Sorry Dave I will definitely say no more about it than that ).

• THERE ARE NO WAREHOUSE DUTIES INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO HEAVY LIFTING INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO BREAKING/SPLITTING PALLETS DOWN INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO MULTI-DROP INVOLVED (other than what I mentioned re: 2 store deliveries then supplier collection as an example of a typical day)
  • THERE IS NO LABOURING INVOLVED

Yes I heard it the first time.

Which leaves the question, strictly for Dave to answer, in a serious driver shortage environment, which supposedly threatens the supply chain, surely that’s how they’d want to word the job description in the advert to maximise interest and takers and not the wording which is actually written ?.
If not why not ?.

And we heard you the first time, but it hasn’t stopped you repeating, hundreds of times, your horrific tale

I thought the issue was about attracting ‘drivers’ in a supposed ‘driver’ shortage environment and telling them that they are only an ‘asset to their employer’ if they are willing to sign up to heavy ( manual ) lifting and being ‘fully flexible in relation to duties’ , and trying to dress up multi drop as trunking, is obviously not going to attract many ‘drivers’ to the industry.

Carryfast:

tmcassett:
For someone who is a failed lorry driver and hasn’t had a job in this industry for 22 years, Carryfast sure does seem to know a lot about everyone else’s jobs, seemingly more so than the actual person doing that job.

1999 - 2021 isn’t 30 years.
The rest of your protests, against my observations regarding what the advert actually says, are about as credible as that.
Failed lorry drivers don’t generally get chucked the keys of an A frame drawbar outfit on the basis of then being able to reverse it through a slalom course and put the trailer under a demount box from 90 degrees.They also don’t generally get commendations by their employer for their service and safe driving.

My apologies - I’ve corrected my mistake with the red text

Carryfast:

What’s credible about what I said is I’ve done the “actual” job, you have not - open and shut case!

tmcassett:
What’s credible about what I said is I’ve done the “actual” job, you have not - open and shut case!

You’re good at representing job descriptions in capital letters.
So write that job description exactly as it’s written in capital letters.
truckingjobs.co.uk/2020/08/c … -1141.html

You, personally, didn’t have/need to do everything within scope of the job description. Just as I didn’t from around 1997-1999 all I was doing was one box swap and one trailer collection/swap/drop and the rest was all driving matching the job of trunk driver that I’d taken on in 1985 and did for most of my time in the job.
However others were still doing hub runs and handballing trailer loads at the hub because that’s what the union had agreed to in the ‘job description’ and just as I’d had to do previously as part of it to save warehouse labour costs ( and in our case compensate for the lost warehouse labour that ran for the hills in the move from pallets to all handball loose loading ).

Carryfast:

ClassOneHD:

Carryfast:
Just go by the premise that in all cases across the industry distances run are being minimised wherever possible until/unless proven otherwise.
Which then just leaves the question what is expected of drivers during the resulting downtime.
Luckily very easy questions to ask but a good chance that the answers won’t be good.

The downtime is spent doing nothing other than sitting in the cab.

Great then that’s obviously what the job description will say in writing when he asks the question.Unlike the drivers on the Wincanton Argos side at least as of 2020 according to the advert.

CF the post is about Argos Bedford contracted to DHL nothing to do with the Wincanton Argos who run out of Basildon Heywood etc etc doing inter depot trunk and shops where as Wincanton Argos out of Kettering do HOME DELIVERY as in delivering to Customers HOUSE`S and inter depot work, which is the reason they require people who are fit and able not workshy

lolipop:

Carryfast:

ClassOneHD:

Carryfast:
Just go by the premise that in all cases across the industry distances run are being minimised wherever possible until/unless proven otherwise.
Which then just leaves the question what is expected of drivers during the resulting downtime.
Luckily very easy questions to ask but a good chance that the answers won’t be good.

The downtime is spent doing nothing other than sitting in the cab.

Great then that’s obviously what the job description will say in writing when he asks the question.Unlike the drivers on the Wincanton Argos side at least as of 2020 according to the advert.

CF the post is about Argos Bedford contracted to DHL nothing to do with the Wincanton Argos who run out of Basildon Heywood etc etc doing inter depot trunk and shops where as Wincanton Argos out of Kettering do HOME DELIVERY as in delivering to Customers HOUSE`S and inter depot work, which is the reason they require people who are fit and able not workshy

DHL do the home delivery stuff out of Kettering too. The Wincanton part of the Argos contract out of Kettering is the same job as Heywood, Basildon, Bridgwater and Magna Park was. It’s this (Heywood advert) that Carryfast is getting his knickers in a twist over.

:unamused:

DCPCFML:
:roll:

I was closer to it than CF :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

You’re good at representing job descriptions in capital letters.
So write that job description exactly as it’s written in capital letters.
truckingjobs.co.uk/2020/08/c … -1141.html

I don’t need to write anything out - I’ve done that job, you have not. Open and shut case!

lolipop:

The OP said it was a trunking job.Which in no way shape or form fits Home Delivery.
The home delivery jobs as advertised sates 7.5 t 44 drops per shift handballing white goods into homes.
If the vacancy is advertised by a third party wouldn’t be at all surprised to see 7.5t multi drop work advertised as trunking.
Been there done that got the T shirt including me getting an apology by a guvnor for doing around 8 drops, out of who knows how many lost count, some of which got left behind in the warehouse and more of which got brought back, forget collections.
I knew that parcels firms generally don’t do day trunks which is what set the alarm bells off before I’d even left home and he knew that he was trying to stitch up an agency driver with a job which he couldn’t find anyone else to do.
Yes fit and healthy but possibly not for long being used as a human forklift and obviously the idea of looking for ‘trunking’ work is no guarantee in that regard regardless of where/what it is.
The irony a ‘driver’ shortage because ‘drivers’ are being branded as ‘workshy’ for wanting to drive doing distance box/trailer swap trunking not driving a few miles up the road and being used as labourers the rest of the time.