Argos Bedford trunk driver

switchlogic:
Regardless of the pedantics says the king of the pedants

That job description seems to be non pedantic and clear enough.Then the government and employers moan about a ‘driver shortage’.They aren’t exactly going out of their way to make the job attractive.

CF can you please let your manic obsession go and stop diverting sensible posts. At least your view is balanced there is a massive chip on both shoulders.

Harry Monk:
Argos won’t give you a run down to Teheran or Kathmandu because they save those runs for the elite drivers whose faces fit. :wink:

You can do the Teheran Harry you’ll need to double man it with military assistance.I’ll be happy with Scottish changeover.But they’ll still have to take ‘heavy lifting’ and ‘fully flexible duties’ and ‘multi drop’ out of my job description so I can trust em.

A little knowledge and third party RDC hear say along with a bit of personal clap trap added in can be dangerous with some people

the old timer:
CF can you please let your manic obsession go and stop diverting sensible posts. At least your view is balanced there is a massive chip on both shoulders.

There’s nothing obsessive or diverting in advising prospective new entrants to look closely at the job description and know what they’re are getting into.If they are happy with heavy lifting, being fully flexible on duties and multi drop then obviously all good.

Carryfast:

tmcassett:
At no point were you then nor now expected to work in the warehouse on “warehouse duties” so give it a rest!

‘‘Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required’’ ‘‘fully flexible in relation to duties’’ .Exactly what does that mean and who would want to sign up to those requirements ?.Just using a tail lift and shifting cages from load deck to ground level doesn’t fit or need that job description.Having to stack or break down pallet/cage loads wherever in or out of a warehouse would.So quite possible warehouse ‘type duties’ required by the job description regardless of the pedantics.

truckingjobs.co.uk/2020/08/c … -1141.html

Also a ‘trunking job’ that’s also involves multi drop.

I see you’ve conveniently decided to ignore the fact I’ve actually done the job you list and know what it entails, as I mentioned in my first post YOU HAVE NOT so stop
talking crap to try and further your agenda.

The heavy lifting you highlight above is simply pushing the cages (which aren’t heavy) onto the tail-lift, occasionally you may have a pallet with a white goods item on it to move with a pump truck.

You might have 2 stores on one trailer then possibly a supplier collection on the way back - hardly the multi- drop you are trying to paint it to be.

Until you actually have first hand experience of what’s involved with a particular job I suggest you stop making stuff up to further your agenda.

Don’t you know? Carryfast is the transport oracle. He knows all

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

I see you’ve conveniently decided to ignore the fact I’ve actually done the job you list and know what it entails, as I mentioned in my first post YOU HAVE NOT so stop

The heavy lifting you highlight above is simply pushing the cages (which aren’t heavy) onto the tail-lift, occasionally you may have a pallet with a white goods item on it to move with a pump truck.

You might have 2 stores on one trailer then possibly a supplier collection on the way back - hardly the multi- drop you are trying to paint it to be.

Until you actually have first hand experience of what’s involved with a particular job I suggest you stop making stuff up to further your agenda.

The job as you describe it is trunking or less than 4 bulk drops/collections in a shift not multi drop.Also only limited handling of pallets and cages.Handling cages is actually described as such inm the description seperately.
At face value the job description clearly states heavy lifting, which in no way reflects the above and fully flexible regarding duties.Why would it need to state that.
So trunking/multi drop/warehouse labourer type duties as and when required and assuming that isn’t removed by the applicant from the contract at the recruitment stage, that’s what the applicant is potentially signing up to.Three different roles for one wage.

Carryfast:

the old timer:

There’s nothing obsessive or diverting in advising prospective new entrants to look closely at the job description and know what they’re are getting into.If they are happy with heavy lifting, being fully flexible on duties and multi drop then obviously all good.

I think the point that folks are making is that you’ve said exactly the same thing more times than anybody would care to count, so turning yet another sensible topic into nonsense by going on like a cracked record.

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

The job as you describe it is trunking or less than 4 bulk drops/collections in a shift not multi drop.Also only limited handling of pallets and cages.Handling cages is actually described as such inm the description seperately.
At face value the job description clearly states heavy lifting, which in no way reflects the above and fully flexible regarding duties.Why would it need to state that.
So trunking/multi drop/warehouse labourer type duties as and when required and assuming that isn’t removed by the applicant from the contract at the recruitment stage, that’s what the applicant is potentially signing up to.Three different roles for one wage.

WOW, so at which point are you actually going to understand that I spent 4 years recently doing this job and still know people who work on THIS job. I am going to type this next part in capital letters so you might start to understand, although I suspect not because you are clearly stupid.

• THERE ARE NO WAREHOUSE DUTIES INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO HEAVY LIFTING INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO BREAKING/SPLITTING PALLETS DOWN INVOLVED
  • THERE IS NO MULTI-DROP INVOLVED (other than what I mentioned re: 2 store deliveries then supplier collection as an example of a typical day)
  • THERE IS NO LABOURING INVOLVED

tmcassett:
. I am going to type this next part in capital letters so you might start to understand,

I admire your optimism

switchlogic:

tmcassett:
. I am going to type this next part in capital letters so you might start to understand,

I admire your optimism

You can only but try. :smiley:

Procedures may have changed since I retired from Argos 10 years ago after 20 YEARS but who am I to argue with Carryfast who just about knows everything that goes on,even in jobs he has never done

lolipop:
who am I to argue with Carryfast who just about knows everything that goes on,even in jobs he has never done

Which pretty much covers 99.99% of the industry

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tmcassett:
I am going to type this next part in capital letters so you might start to understand, although I suspect not because you are clearly stupid.

• THERE IS NO MULTI-DROP INVOLVED (other than what I mentioned re: 2 store deliveries then supplier collection as an example of a typical day)

As opposed to the job description in at least the Wincanton Argos ad.
Heavy lifting is required for ‘some’ reason in addition to the description handling cages.
You must be fully flexible in relation to duties.
Multi dropping.It doesn’t say limited to 2 or 3 drops.
Admittedly I don’t know the job but I can read and advert and I do know the TGWU ( Unite ).
( Sorry Dave I will definitely say no more about it than that ).

Carryfast:

tmcassett:
I am going to type this next part in capital letters so you might start to understand, although I suspect not because you are clearly stupid.

As opposed to the job description in at least the Wincanton Argos ad.
Heavy lifting is required for ‘some’ reason in addition to the description handling cages.
You must be fully flexible in relation to duties.
Multi dropping.It doesn’t say limited to 2 or 3 drops.
Admittedly I don’t know the job but I can read and advert and I do know the TGWU ( Unite ).

WOW, so at which point are you actually going to understand that I spent 4 years recently doing this job and still know people who work on THIS job. I am going to type this next part in capital letters so you might start to understand, although I suspect not because you are clearly stupid.

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

Yes I heard it the first time.

Which leaves the question, strictly for Dave to answer, in a serious driver shortage environment, which supposedly threatens the supply chain, surely that’s how they’d want to word the job description in the advert to maximise interest and takers and not the wording which is actually written ?.
If not why not ?.

Carryfast:

tmcassett:

Carryfast:

Yes I heard it the first time.

Obviously not, because you continued to post your tripe, despite being told by people who actually have done and do that job telling you to the contrary you are reading into things that aren’t true.

tmcassett:
Obviously not, because you continued to post your tripe, despite being told by people who actually have done and do that job telling you to the contrary you are reading into things that aren’t true.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5#p2760525

I wonder how much “further thought” Dave needs?