Are you paid for your legal breaks?

If you do agency please put that. Are you as a full time permanent driver working for a Transport Company paid for your legal breaks. No matter whether you’re paid by the hour, the day, the week, or the year, when it come to the crunch are your breaks paid or deducted ?

Paid from shift start to shift end, zero deductions.

I get an hours lunch unpaid, same as the non driving staff. I’m supposed to take my tacho breaks within that.

Paid for 48 hrs per week. Rarely do anywhere near this, so breaks are paid. However, if we went over 48 I expect that at least 45mins a shift would not be counted. But since it only happens if we break down or get held up it’s not an issue.

get 45mins deducted from what ever hours I book, but usually add an extra 45mins onto my timesheet :wink:

On a 9hr drive,get paid for up to 1.25hrs break. On a 10hr drive,1.75hrs.Also after an 11 daily rest,if no load available,paid waiting time. For up to 4hrs waiting,hourly rate is paid,over 4hrs is paid at a flat rate of £40 is paid (£50 at the week-end).

sometimes paid and sometimes not.

Paid start to finish. :smiley:

Deducted 45 minutes each day after that all breaks are paid. If we work less than 9.5 hours in the day no deductions are made, regardless of how much break we have actually taken.

deducted 30 mins regardless of how many or how long the breaks are…

Paid from the time I write down in the column that says ‘Booking On Time’, until the the time I write down in the column that says ‘Booking Off Time’.

They don’t care how much break or POA I have, or what I call it, so long as there is plenty of one or t’other. Or both. :smiley: :laughing: :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Deducted 45 minutes each day after that all breaks are paid. If we work less than 9.5 hours in the day no deductions are made, regardless of how much break we have actually taken.

Same as me,Coffeeholic.
So, when we do say exactly 10 hours, it seems we get paid less than doing a 9.5 hour day. What do you think, C ?

Have to take 45 min break NOT paid for 30 min but paid for 15 min,

paid for all breaks - like others, starts from the time I clock into work and the time I clock out :slight_smile:

i do agency but they chib 45min each shift for my breaks, still, i just take 2 x 30m breaks…

we’re allowed to take a 30 min break (UNPAID) over a usually 12 hour shift, sometimes 14

the cheeky beggars even try to get us to take it while sitting in a queue to get tipped somewhere, no chance pal! i dont consider it a break if i have to move my truck or do ANYTHING work related within the half an hour, so since theyre not paying me for it, the truck gets parked up and i disappear for 30 mins, or sleep in it.

beattun:
we’re allowed to take a 30 min break (UNPAID) over a usually 12 hour shift, sometimes 14

Don’t you come under the WTD for mobile workers, the tacho rules or UK domestic rules? I can’t see how that fits with any of those regs.

Coffeeholic:

beattun:

Don’t you come under the WTD for mobile workers, the tacho rules or UK domestic rules? I can’t see how that fits with any of those regs.

im in australia so dont come under the WTD at all, if i was driving interstate i could drive for 5 hours before i have to take a 30 minute break, another 5 hours then to take another 30 min break, then i think i have another 2 hours driving then after that i have to stop for 10 hours

but if youre just doing local work (within 100kms of your depot) you dont have to fill out a log book (used instead of tachos)

i am as im paid by the day. where i once worked, we were decucted 45 minutes a day as we had to have a break, which meant regardless if i had already had a break, i sat for an hour as im not getting paid, didnt care how much they phoned, if im not paid im stopping for an hour during the day, tight gits

paid start to finish