Are you on here.

Just found this, Hollies Cafe and Hilton Park 1994 and 2003 …anybody see themselves?
youtu.be/80rUtU9wZMw
youtu.be/WoaYnJoMKD4

Old video, but…
Whats that interference? …
Whats them big white dots?..
Big white circles about 4" floating around…
Too much for snowflakes…

funny how most of the irish trucks look the same as now.
off the boat,flat lit,in your 4 and 1/2 ,you made sandbach if you were on the ball,or keele if you were going for it.
to make hilton park,then its stop at lymm to make sure your pased bamber bridge,a quick pee,wire/magnet/take your pick,then pull into hilton just nice time for a coffee and your 45 to end as you pull to a stop.
wire off,and its dover,or portsmouth for the 2nd legal stint…job done.
there is a rumour going around that the guy hitching a lift is still standing there.( or at least his ghost is on dark nights). :slight_smile:

All those old tilts on the 1994 one brought back some horrible memories of strip outs in the ■■■■■■■ rain, if I never see one of those again it’ll be too soon, give me a flat trailer over them any day.
And all those manual trucks, …and not a clown behind the wheel wearing a hi viz to he seen :laughing: ,
And :bulb: … they all got there without a sat nav…shock horror :open_mouth: :smiley:

robroy:
All those old tilts on the 1994 one brought back some horrible memories of strip outs in the ■■■■■■■ rain, if I never see one of those again it’ll be too soon, give me a flat trailer over them any day.
And all those manual trucks, …and not a clown behind the wheel wearing a hi viz to he seen :laughing: ,
And :bulb: … they all got there without a sat nav…shock horror :open_mouth: :smiley:

Real Legends :smiley:

biggriffin:

robroy:

Yep :smiley: …and a couple of other drivers actually getting their arses out of their cabs, to watch and help people reverse in :open_mouth: …AND without videoing them! …missing te opportunity to put their ■■■■ ups on you tube,…what were they thinking ffs?. :open_mouth:

Not like the real hero drivers of today eh? :smiley:
:unamused:

robroy:

biggriffin:

robroy:

Yep :smiley: …and a couple of other drivers actually getting their arses out of their cabs, to watch and help people reverse in :open_mouth: …AND without videoing them! …missing te opportunity to put their [zb] ups on you tube,…what were they thinking ffs?. :open_mouth:

Today’s Legends, can’t do anything without thinking how many likes they can get. That’s why the snowflakes sit in there cabs filming everything.

biggriffin:

robroy:

biggriffin:

robroy:

Yep :smiley: …and a couple of other drivers actually getting their arses out of their cabs, to watch and help people reverse in :open_mouth: …AND without videoing them! …missing te opportunity to put their [zb] ups on you tube,…what were they thinking ffs?. :open_mouth:

Today’s Legends, can’t do anything without thinking how many likes they can get. That’s why the snowflakes sit in there cabs filming everything.

Yeh, that’s another thing, in those days (nearly) everybody helped each other out, (nearly) everybody let you out, flashed you in, flashed you out and all the other courteous actions in those days, (almost) nobody ever grassed up another driver, and the only snowflakes seen near a truck’s cab was in the winter months.
What is all that down to do you reckon, social education(or lack of it) or a deep negative change in society, where courtesy and empathy are a thing of the past?

Wow! :open_mouth: I’m getting too intelectually deep now, so off to watch one of Maosters dodgy what’s apps, and take a look at the football fixtures to get back into ‘Laddish trucker’ mode. :laughing:

biggriffin:

robroy:

biggriffin:

robroy:

Yeh, that’s another thing, in those days (nearly) everybody helped each other out, (nearly) everybody let you out, flashed you in, flashed you out and all the other courteous actions in those days, (almost) nobody ever grassed up another driver, and the only snowflakes seen near a truck’s cab was in the winter months.
What is all that down to do you reckon, social education(or lack of it) or a deep negative change in society, where courtesy and empathy are a thing of the past?

Wow! :open_mouth: I’m getting too intelectually deep now, so off to watch one of Maosters dodgy what’s apps, and take a look at the football fixtures to get back into ‘Laddish trucker’ mode. :laughing:
[/quote]

Can all be traced back to Tony blurets government and the introduction of “no win no fee”
When you recount a story of things in the oldern days, the snowflakes gasp, and go you actually did that, yup it was called fun, and enjoying oneself, not putting up with B’S,… They are scared of there own shadow,

Their isn’t enough risk anymore, nothing to make them gasp,

How I’ve got to this age I wonder, but I’ve had fun… Nowdays being a rebel means as many overspeeds I can get in one day… :laughing:

robroy:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

memories regarding tilts are best left buried and forgotten though i do remember backing onto a bay in dumfries loading for somewhere in the middle east where a ■■■■■■ on the warehouse staff thought it would be a good idea to throw himself through the loosened back flap with a loud cry of …supermaaaaaaaaannnn just as i was hitting the bay.
this went slightly off track as he bounced off the 2 back board i had left in place and ended up lying on the floor with a face like a pizza. :slight_smile:

biggriffin:
Can all be traced back to Tony blurets government and the introduction of “no win no fee”
When you recount a story of things in the oldern days, the snowflakes gasp, and go you actually did that, yup it was called fun, and enjoying oneself, not putting up with B’S,… They are scared of there own shadow,

How I’ve got to this age I wonder, but I’ve had fun… Nowdays being a rebel means as many overspeeds I can get in one day… :laughing:

‘Driver type’ has changed so much though from when I first started, and has gradually got a lot worse.
Nobody, or at least very few seem to comprehend that you actually can have a say. :bulb: , you don’t have to just sit back and be treated like a doormat, or pushed to the limits, if something is unfair, unjust or unreasonable, then kick off over it ffs, they don’t seem to realise that their job and life is crap because of their own lack of effort, there just seems to be a culture nowadays of complete blind subservancy.
The ‘Yes men’, the grasses, the back stabbers, those who just take every ■■■■ thing thrown at them at face value, and not only believe it but go on to repeat all the crap fed to them :open_mouth: .
‘Cameras are there for driver’s benefit’ and ‘If you are doing nothing wrong you need not bother’ are two of my favourites…are these guys just dead from the neck up or what? :unamused:

Just a bit after my time but I did frequent the Hollies regular, Does anyone one else remember the Sikh guy who used to knock on cab doors selling jewellery & watches? He always seemed to be there when I parked up for the night in the 1970-80’s :smiley:

lancpudn:
Just a bit after my time but I did frequent the Hollies regular, Does anyone one else remember the Sikh guy who used to knock on cab doors selling jewellery & watches? He always seemed to be there when I parked up for the night in the 1970-80’s :smiley:

Yep I bought a watch off him for my then girlfriend, it only lasted 2 days. :laughing:

robroy:

lancpudn:

Yep I bought a watch off him for my then girlfriend, it only lasted 2 days. :laughing:

You didn`t have “Brindidi Jacket” as well, did you?

Edit Brindisi

robroy:

biggriffin:

‘Driver type’ has changed so much though from when I first started, and has gradually got a lot worse.
Nobody, or at least very few seem to comprehend that you actually can have a say. :bulb: , you don’t have to just sit back and be treated like a doormat, or pushed to the limits, if something is unfair, unjust or unreasonable, then kick off over it ffs, they don’t seem to realise that their job and life is crap because of their own lack of effort, there just seems to be a culture nowadays of complete blind subservancy.
The ‘Yes men’, the grasses, the back stabbers, those who just take every [zb] thing thrown at them at face value, and not only believe it but go on to repeat all the crap fed to them :open_mouth: .
‘Cameras are there for driver’s benefit’ and ‘If you are doing nothing wrong you need not bother’ are two of my favourites…are these guys just dead from the neck up or what? :unamused:

True that,Iv mentioned before about a mate of mine who is the biggest yes man I have ever known,few week ago he was on his phone to me and his cab phone rang o could hear is boss telling him what his day was to hear my mate reply “ok not a problem yes ok”,he put phone down and started a tirade of swearing saying “how the ■■■■ can I do all that” etc etc but he never ever speaks up,he works for £9 an hour for first 50 hr :open_mouth: and does max hours most weeks then when he wants an early finish gets told no,
Drivers these days have naff all back bone and don’t realise they hold the cards

yorkshire terrier:

robroy:

biggriffin:

The ‘Yes men’, the grasses, the back stabbers, those who just take every [zb] thing thrown at them at face value, and not only believe it but go on to repeat all the crap fed to them :open_mouth: .

True that,Iv mentioned before about a mate of mine who is the biggest yes man I have ever known,few week ago he was on his phone to me and his cab phone rang o could hear is boss telling him what his day was to hear my mate reply “ok not a problem yes ok”,he put phone down and started a tirade of swearing saying “how the [zb] can I do all that” etc etc but he never ever speaks up,he works for £9 an hour for first 50 hr :open_mouth: and does max hours most weeks then when he wants an early finish gets told no,
Drivers these days have naff all back bone and don’t realise they hold the cards

Yep I get that all the time off many of our lot, I just say.‘Don’t come whinging at me, whinge at the right person’.
Pathetic really. :unamused: