Are xf fitted with DAB aerials not new gen versions

company are getting 25 xf next month sdaly not new gen versions.anyone know if the aerial fitted is a DAB compatible one as they only fitted with a radio and ill want to fit a pioneer DAB in so i can have wider selection of stations to listen to.not after anythign else ive always had pioneer in car and truck and like the sound and quality of them.

thunder367:
company are getting 25 xf next month sdaly not new gen versions.anyone know if the aerial fitted is a DAB compatible one as they only fitted with a radio and ill want to fit a pioneer DAB in so i can have wider selection of stations to listen to.not after anythign else ive always had pioneer in car and truck and like the sound and quality of them.

The newest xf I’ve driven was 2019 reg and the radio was below basic. Couldn’t even connect bluetooth for audio (only for phone calls) so bring along an aux-in cable if you want to listen to your own music/radio. I’m sure you can find your radio station on the net too and stream over the aux-cable onto the awfully low quality in cab speakers. I’d invest in a pair of decent wireless headphones instead (which I actually did :blush: )

We had some 71 plate CF Daf’s at the end of last year that have now gone to other depots. They still had a basic off the shelf radio but they did have DAB and bluetooth streaming but no mic for hands free calling.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

There are a number of Kenwood and Pioneer options available fitted by Daf, some with dab some without.
As I said our last lot of brand new trucks did have DAB radios and a fridge but that is all above poverty spec so I very much doubt they were specified with DAB by the bean counters.

dafpdf.nl/DAF_Accessoires_Catalogue_GB_EN/18/

They are all the radio options for the trucks in the DAF catalogue, so you may well be lucky and get DAB with it when it arrives.

And of course the Global chip shortage may play a part in what is actually fitted of course theses days. Tried to go and buy a single din radio off the shelf for my mates Motorhome the other week, and all the usual places that sold radios didn’t have anything at all including Halfrauds.

All the ones at our spot are fitted with Kenwood and Pioneer DAB and have those stick on windscreen antennas. They work quite well, only problem is when the windscreen gets replaced the company that fits them will generally break them when they remove the windscreen and if they don’t they don’t ever stick on again well.

it will be one of these 2 ill be fitting

pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/sph-20dab

pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/avh-x390bt

speakers may get replaced to will se what they like when the units arrive.so will have to find a roof mounted aerial for it as the window ones do not last and can not reapplyed if u have a windscreen replaced

Don’t forget to check if your radio you got in your cab is 12 or 24 volt.

Ask your office to get a Pioneer or Kenwood system. Our 2021 DAFs came with those 2 as standard.

thunder367:
it will be one of these 2 ill be fitting

pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/sph-20dab

pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/avh-x390bt

speakers may get replaced to will se what they like when the units arrive.so will have to find a roof mounted aerial for it as the window ones do not last and can not reapplyed if u have a windscreen replaced

remember to fit a dropper before you put in your new stereo as daf radios run on 24v not 12v, if you got a ssc daf the areial is behind the panal on the driverside above the driver side