Are truck stops getting busier?

I can understand that they get fuller earlier during winter months but they seem to be getting a hell of a lot busier these last couple of weeks.

One of my usual stops is Caenby Corner (yes I know its rough and ready) and recently it’s been heaving, almost to the point of not being able to get in. I’ve never seen it like that before. Same with the Fox at Colsterworth last night.

Probably due to all the lay by’s being shut down due to the way they’re treated or firms are actually paying for parking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed the same, I tried to get into Rugby Stobart Truckstop one day last week, I arrived around 18.45 and they were queuing onto the A5, I waited for about 15 minutes and gave up, as I drove past up the hill I could see the truck park was rammed, I ended up in Corley Services that night, cost £28 the robbing ■■■■■■■■

:slight_smile:
The one in Holyhead is doing so well that the organsation running it have announced expansion plans.

dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w … e-12181155

The same firm also operates the Hollies Truckstop at Cannock.

This may encourage them to consider the possibility of opening others at strategic places elsewhere in the UK.

In turn other investment companies might start to take an interest, you never know !

First rule of business: Find a need - and fill it. :sunglasses:

To be honest I can’t see how decent stops in the correct location can fail make money. Tarmac, light fence and facilties. Drivers will use them. Simple really.

But 50 houses on the same size plot will make more money I suppose :smiley:

I think SNAP has a lot to answer for, all the European companies use it now so their drivers can’t fiddle the expenses. Look how many flip flops are in Rugby every night.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk