Are they legally obliged to pay you

Always been the case you come in 1/2 hr early when tramping to load your stuff up , now being told if you come in 5.30 am to load your stuff up for a 6 am start that your tacho must now go in at 5.30 am not 6 am,so do they have to pay you from 5.30 or 6 am .ta

Do you get paid for set shift times or off digicard download or timesheet?

What time did they want you to start,if at 6 then I reckon your pay time would begin then, does sorting your own gear out counts as other work ■■ doubt the average employer would wear that !

If they actually instructed you to come in for 05:30 for a 06:00 start then yes you should put card in and be paid, if you come in early voluntarily FOC I can’t see how you would be classed working so no need for tacho to be used.

Put your tacho in regardless. You’ll be thankful on a friday when you get planned for 15 hours, but can refuse the last 3hr drop - cos you’ve got half an hour extra booked each night. :wink:

dozy:
Always been the case you come in 1/2 hr early when tramping to load your stuff up , now being told if you come in 5.30 am to load your stuff up for a 6 am start that your tacho must now go in at 5.30 am not 6 am,so do they have to pay you from 5.30 or 6 am .ta

for you :grimacing: at stobrats, :sunglasses: log on to isocrap too as well as digi in at 05:30 hrs then you’ll get paid! :smiley: simples :laughing:

^^^^ Ey he knows lol

Winseer:
Put your tacho in regardless. You’ll be thankful on a friday when you get planned for 15 hours, but can refuse the last 3hr drop - cos you’ve got half an hour extra booked each night. :wink:

He’s tramping…

If your employer is making the request then,
Yes , is the answer to your question :wink:

If your voluntarily coming in to put your personal stuff in the truck and it’s accepted practice and your being paid for it then yes tachographs needs putting in. In my opinion (just added that bit as I’m never quite sure what I’m talking about).

Now the big question do they have to pay you, well there lies the quandry indicative of a company that dictates start times rather than just leaving it to the driver by giving the delivery time.

I go in 30mins early on Monday but don’t book it. Instead I book on at a justifiable start time to arrive at my first drop on time and spend 20-30 mins of work time doing my weekly start checks (mostly drinking tea and burning diesel with other drivers and amazing them with tales of my ■■■■■■ activities over the weekend).

My tachograph goes in usually a minute after I want paying from to 2 minutes before I end my shift. Well I leave it in the rest of the week as I’m tramping.

Sounds like you need a new job doze and quick, these buggers are sucking the ■■■■ out of you and not in the good way.

My place understand drivers give a lot of time and rarely question hours, blatantly tossing it off is frowned upon by myself and my colleagues. However a little tossing off now and again is expected. It’s all about balance, don’t bite the hand that feeds you but that doesn’t mean you can’t nibble it a bit.

Dozy Dozy Dozy we all got a bit of paper and it says.If your a tramper and come in early to put your own stuff into your unit then you get paid if you log on to isocrap and put your tacho in.But remember to do your manual entries they are getting touch about it the now.Also remember if you dont have enough time to complete work in the yard dump it and go home or park up thats now what we are gettin told.

Colin_scottish:
But remember to do your manual entries they are getting touch about it the now.

Might be because they’ve just had their O license reduced by 140 vehicles due to tacho offences.

If it was me I would put card in at 0530.
Apart from the legal aspect, it is to their benefit anyway (as well as your own) as you are getting away 30mins sooner than you would if you started putting your kit in at 0600, and your hours start sooner for, as somebody else has said, when they ■■■■ you up at the end of the week.

Isotrak city Dozy, you know the score mate!!

Colin_scottish:
Dozy Dozy Dozy we all got a bit of paper and it says.If your a tramper and come in early to put your own stuff into your unit then you get paid if you log on to isocrap and put your tacho in.But remember to do your manual entries they are getting touch about it the now.Also remember if you dont have enough time to complete work in the yard dump it and go home or park up thats now what we are gettin told.

If I haven’t binned it I’ll read it again Colin , I saw the if you come in before your start time you must now put your tacho in but didn’t see the we will pay you bit , I came in this morning for a 5.30 start at 5.30 and bod on desk said I assume your start time is 6 am :exclamation: , my reading of that is we want you to come in 1/2 hr early , we want you to put your digi card in, bUt we don’t want to pay you
Zb me the other day they were roaring about the 1,000,s it was costing in straps, chains , ratchets etc to kit the job out, as if it was us who took the zb contract on , don’t they look into costs before they take work on , well no they try and make a profit by trying to get drivers to work for jack ■■■■ , what was it , your contract may say 8 hrs per day guaranteed , but your not , there beyond a bloody joke :angry:

dozy:

We just do 10 Hour Shifts. But if i do longer i dont get paid that Ovatime. Gives me the Idea there must be some kind of Law for that Matter

Dozy, I’ve one word of advice for you, before you end up in an early grave…LEAVE!

Winseer:

Just the way I think.