Are they fined £2000 too?

So we have a woman who found an asylum seeker in the back of her car and now another one with one under his camper van.

Are these people being fined £2000 per immigrant too. Anyone know?

Of course not. They are innocent victims unlike Truck drivers who are either terrible unpaid border agents or human trafficers disguised as honest working people.
Besides, how are they supposed to check every ■■■■ and cranny every time they stop?
They are on holiday for godssake.

viking7000:
Of course not. They are innocent victims unlike Truck drivers who are either terrible unpaid border agents or human trafficers disguised as honest working people.
Besides, how are they supposed to check every ■■■■ and cranny every time they stop?
They are on holiday for godssake.

Though I could not have expressed that better myself, I’m still going too spout off :sunglasses: .

Its clear evidence that the government beleive that all Truck Drivers are “in on it”, for godsake, if you cannot fully check a small hatch back, on the inside :open_mouth: :open_mouth: how the hell are you meant to keep a 45’ trailer secure :unamused: .

I would love to hear, and we surely would, that these poor unsuspecting innocent motorists have been fined, the Daily Mail Express, and the Sun for that matter would have field day at the governments expense, and then surely they would see the futility off the stowaway fines :unamused:

And for this reason, those motorists, Who dont notice an extra passenger on the inside off their hatchback :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , wont get fined :unamused:

Lonewolf Yorks:
So we have a woman who found an asylum seeker in the back of her car and now another one with one under his camper van.

Are these people being fined £2000 per immigrant too. Anyone know?

No because they were not detected at the border. The £2000 fine is for bringing them into the country, these illegals were discovered in country away from the border so the fine cannot be issued because there is no knowing were they got into the vehicle. Well we do know but it could not be proved and they could have boarded the vehicle somewhere in this country. The fine would not stand in court if appealed and a truck driver would not get fined in that situation either.

A few years ago I discovered one in my trailer side locker when I got back to the yard in Slough. Police were called and they took him away, I received no penalty because it couldn’t be proved were he got in. I know it was on the ferry as that was the only opportunity as I had checked the lockers when I started that morning in Belgium and the only time the vehicle was left unattended was on the ferry. It was also left for about 10 minutes in Clackett Lane Services and I know that’s a dump but no one is that desperate to escape from there. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: The authorities could not prove I brought him across the border so no fine could be issued.

A colleague had two jump out of his trailer on the M26 when he pulled onto the hard shoulder after he saw arms and legs appear out of a ■■■■■ in the curtain. Again he couldn’t be fined because he was already across the border and in the country, they could have got in at a set of traffic lights in Dover or when he stopped at a garage.

Another story to be discounted by Switch and Mike … I was once offered 5g’s for every illegal I would bring to the UK on a ship, so,if they were detected on board (stowaways ■■) and I got done 2g’s for each one that would still leave me 3g per illegal up that was mine. Good business sense I feel !!! BUT… Before anyone gets on their high horse… I would willingly pay 3g each to ship the buggers out !!!

So if they are not detected at uk border control in Calais, but instead when you get off the boat in Dover, do you still get fined? Just curious how this would work if the border into uk is classed as being at the passport control on the other side.

Sorry . Nothing to do with the question . But I’m new on here . How do you post a question on this forum ■■? I’ve only just registered …

scaniason:
So if they are not detected at uk border control in Calais, but instead when you get off the boat in Dover, do you still get fined? Just curious how this would work if the border into uk is classed as being at the passport control on the other side.

if you read Coffee’s post you get an answer?

They may have transferred them selves on the ferry?

It was coffee’s post which made me wonder. Maybe a bit cynical, but I found it hard to believe that if you got nabbed in Dover, after a swap on the ferry, that you’d just walk away with it. Would be happy to be proved wrong though, and that hmg wouldn’t just be looking for a contribution to the latest mp pay rise!

Coffeholic is correct ,once cleared the border check points ,no fine can be issued to the driver.
I am not sure if it is still done or not, but the illegal is told to make his’/her way to an immigration centre.
The law allows this.
The illegal has the choice to hand himself/herself in voluntary with no ■■■■■■ or supervision.