Are these weekly breaks legal i've been told they are!

ROG:

fuse:
jan 1 and jan 6 he is haveing two reduced weekly rests not allowed

but they are in the same week?

See, even ROG gets it. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

** Mutters to himself as he puts gun away in cupboard** :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

fuse:
jan 1 and jan 6 he is haveing two reduced weekly rests not allowed

but they are in the same week?

See, even ROG gets it. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

** Mutters to himself as he puts gun away in cupboard** :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally :slight_smile: - but ducks anyway :open_mouth: - just in case :wink: :laughing:

coffee, could you tell me if this makes a difference please

When i take my 36 on the 6th jan, i will be starting my weekly rest at about 1815
on the 5th and finishing about 1315 on the 7th thatโ€™s 43 hours

What i mean is my weekly rest finishes in the next tacho week. And i know that it can be used in either week but not in both, so is this still ok

Thanks chris

i looks like i am keeping to rules as were intended but there are so many loop holes they are like swiss cheese.how come i read in truck mags that drivers have been done for this and that and other i can not understand it
i do admit i was done 10 ywears ago failed to take weekly rest ie 12 days on trot .the wife got wallpapper and paint out i thuoght work would be better

chris:
coffee, could you tell me if this makes a difference please

When i take my 36 on the 6th jan, i will be starting my weekly rest at about 1815
on the 5th and finishing about 1315 on the 7th thatโ€™s 43 hours

What i mean is my weekly rest finishes in the next tacho week. And i know that it can be used in either week but not in both, so is this still ok

Thanks chris

Yes it is still okay. If you took that rest period out of the equation for a moment you will still have a full rest in week 1, a reduced rest in week 2 and a full rest in week 3. That extra rest period is really only there to prevent you working more than 6 daily periods without a rest, so it doesnโ€™t really matter which of the two weeks you count it in

ok thanks coffee :smiley:

fuse:
i looks like i am keeping to rules as were intended but there are so many loop holes they are like swiss cheese.

There are no loopholes, the rules have a degree of flexibility built in but flexibility is not a loophole, and is not illegal.The shift the original question was about is complying fully with the rules as they are intended

fuse:
how come i read in truck mags that drivers have been done for this and that and other i can not understand it

Because many drivers do not know the rules, either because they have never been trained, they have never read the rules or worst of all they work on the MMTM rules - a very dangerous set of rules which can lead to nothing but trouble and or hefty fines.

right coffeeholic i give in i go digi about march, i can see i am going to have to work harder than i am now. we must have a slate missing for putting up with this

fuse:
right coffeeholic i give in i go digi about march,

Remember the digital tacho still works on the pre April 11th rules so can calculate your breaks incorrectly. It also incorrectly counts POA as break, resetting the 4.5 hour driving counter after 45 minutes of POA.

fuse:
i can see i am going to have to work harder than i am now.

Why, you donโ€™t have to work harder just because the regulations allow it. My work is that easy I am embarrassed to call it work.

fuse:
we must have a slate missing for putting up with this

Dunno about you but I donโ€™t put up with anything I donโ€™t want to.