Are these road legal?

As if dealing with cyclists wasn’t enough to be going on with!

Yesterday I thought I saw a pedestrian on the road waiting at the lights, as I got closer I saw they were on one of these contraptions - are they even road legal?

If they are, well done that person for doing what most cyclists can’t: stopping at a red light :smiley:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninebot-One-S2-Electric-OneWheel/dp/B01LZVXU6P/ref=pd_cp_200_2/260-0722455-0569543?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01LZVXU6P&pd_rd_r=5a8358c5-e408-4c79-96a2-d7d4ba7db175&pd_rd_w=kotln&pd_rd_wg=lYqXP&pf_rd_p=01704ebe-a86a-4b47-8c36-0f9f5bbc2882&pf_rd_r=NR8WJTZ4ZB0CZH37PABR&psc=1&refRID=NR8WJTZ4ZB0CZH37PABR

I’m going to stick my neck out and say “no” but I have no evidence to back that up.
Even so, kudos for obeying the rules.

No it’s not legal to use one of those or a hover board on a public road or pavement.

As a side note there is talk about making it legal to ride electric scooters on pavements … god help us all :frowning: :smiley:

How do you even get on one of those things? Take a running jump?

id say no.
I know e scooters are supposed to be illegal in the uk. and London are trying to ban them even though there illegal people use them.
have encountered them a few times in London. there so much worse than pedal bikes.
you sat in traffic checking your mirrors you can see cyclists. these things you check nothing there seconds later there there they move that fast on n off the pavemnets in and out of traffic.

The sooner LGVs are banned from the towns and cities the better.
It’s already happening in Europe.
Bicycles were on the roads before trucks, and will still be on the roads when all, the trucks are recycled into bean tins.
Green efficient means of transport is the future, time to wake up to it.
A facts a fact.

chester:
The sooner LGVs are banned from the towns and cities the better.
It’s already happening in Europe.
Bicycles were on the roads before trucks, and will still be on the roads when all, the trucks are recycled into bean tins.
Green efficient means of transport is the future, time to wake up to it.
A facts a fact.

Take a lot of rickshaws to get 20 pallets of beef into Smithfields, but we live in hope :smiley: :smiley:

Oh come on Chester. Do you think Lgvs are in city centres admiring the view? They’re serving a purpose just like every other user on the road.

sent using smoke signals