tue no work
wed work
thur work
fri work
sat work
sun work
then 24 hour break
Would like to know if this is legal ta

Sorry, in my previous post I never noticed the day off on Tuesday so Yes it is legal :smiley:
You will need to pay back compensation for one of the reduced weekly rest periods though.

Again sorry about the mistake :blush: :blush: :wink:

Ta for that mon start time was 1600 and Sunday finish would be approx 2000.

Agency was telling me I would need to take a 45 break.

Also they say that if I do this:
45 hour rest
mon work
tue no work
wed work
thur no work
then I would need a 45 rest before coming back to work cos the say the tue would automatically be my 24 rest. Doesn’t make sense you should be allowed a day off midweek withou it affecting weekly breaks. Ta for all replys

Your agency are talking rubbish, if you have only two separate days off in a week say Tuesday and Thursday, then only one of them needs to be counted as that weeks weekly rest, as they are both less than 45 hours then one of them and only one of them will need to be compensated for.

LASHHGV:
Agency was telling me

Would your agency like these…
EU DRIVER REGS
VOSA GUIDE
RT(WTD)R guide
:question:

Sat rest day
sun rest day
mon work
tue no work
wed work
thur work
fri work
sat work
sun work - Sunday finish would be approx 2000
then 24 hour break

Assuming that the full weekly rest at the start of that senario is for the previous week then you will need to start a full weekly rest before midnight the following Sunday

Either could be deemed as the reduced weekly rest for that week - your choice
:bulb: I would opt for Tuesday so the other could be used as payback :bulb:

I’m not the best at these things but I think I said that right …

ROG:

LASHHGV:
Agency was telling me

Would your agency like these…
EU DRIVER REGS
VOSA GUIDE
RT(WTD)R guide
:question:

Sat rest day
sun rest day
mon work
tue no work
wed work
thur work
fri work
sat work
sun work - Sunday finish would be approx 2000
then 24 hour break

Assuming that the full weekly rest at the start of that senario is for the previous week then you will need to start a full weekly rest before midnight the following Sunday

Either could be deemed as the reduced weekly rest for that week - your choice
:bulb: I would opt for Tuesday so the other could be used as payback :bulb:

I’m not the best at these things but I think I said that right …

If Tuesday was used as the reduced weekly rest period and Sunday/Monday used as compensation the the 24 hour rest period starting at 20:00 on Sunday would not start a new working week of six 24 hour periods.

This rest period, that rest period, bleedin hell, im glad my job dont involve w/end work.

tachograph:
the 24 hour rest period starting at 20:00 on Sunday would not start a new working week of six 24 hour periods.

I think it would as it is also a reduced weekly rest but just not the one used for that week.

As 24 hours off have been taken then that resets the 6 day clock

I’ll stand to be corrected though

tachograph:
If Tuesday was used as the reduced weekly rest period and Sunday/Monday used as compensation then the 24 hour rest period starting at 20:00 on Sunday would not start a new working week of six 24 hour periods.

ROG:
I think it would as it is also a reduced weekly rest but just not the one used for that week.

So what you’re saying then is that a weekly rest period can also be used as payback for a previously taken reduced weekly rest period.

Sort of negates the need to pay back compensation for reduced weekly rest periods doesn’t it.

The rest period started at 20:00 Sunday has to be a reduced weekly rest period in order to start a new working week of six 24 hour periods, if the OP wants to work the following week.
It cannot be used as both compensation and a reduced weekly rest period because 24 hours is not long enough to do that.

There are in fact two reduced weekly rest periods but at most only one will need to be compensated for and it’s most likely to be the Sunday/Monday.

Please re-read the full quote that you cut short.

edit:
You may also want to read the quote you used again because as far as I can see it seems to confirm what I’ve said.

ROG:

tachograph:
So what you’re saying then is that a weekly rest period can also be used as payback for a previously taken reduced weekly rest period.

Sort of negates the need to pay back compensation for reduced weekly rest periods doesn’t it.

You are sort of following my line of thinking in THIS THREAD where I was corrected…

I suppose another way to look at it that having just 24 hours as a reduced weekly rest period after 6 days of work also includes the daily rest period so the same rest period counts for both

I’m thinking the 24 hours off in the senario in this thread is called a weekly rest period but can also be a daily rest period PLUS compensation of 9 + 15 or 11 + 13 - sort of all three in one

That’s the way I THINK Neil was alluding to in the other thread but maybe I got it wrong - yet again !!

ROG:

tachograph:

You are sort of following my line of thinking in THIS THREAD where I was corrected…

I suppose another way to look at it that having just 24 hours as a reduced weekly rest period after 6 days of work also includes the daily rest period so the same rest period counts for both

I’m thinking the 24 hours off in the senario in this thread is called a weekly rest period but can also be a daily rest period PLUS compensation of 9 + 15 or 11 + 13 - sort of all three in one

That’s the way I THINK Neil was alluding to in the other thread but maybe I got it wrong - yet again !!

WTF :unamused:

Just to make it clear when I said:

tachograph:

What I meant was "That would sort of negate the need to pay back compensation for reduced weekly rest periods wouldn’t it.

tachograph:

I think I see what you are getting at but I would say not as the one that is being used for that week is being paid back - the one that is not being used is not being paid back as there is no need to

Have I got your take on it right and does my take make some sort of sense ■■?

IF you are saying that every reduced weekly rest period requires compensating for then this next example would need a LOT of compensation hours !!
Full weekly rest - nowt to pay back at this point
work 12 hours
reduced weekly rest of 24 hours - 21 hours to pay back
work 12 hours
work 12 hours
work 12 hours
…keep repeating until next full weekly rest is due…

Any period of 24 hours or more is a reduced weekly rest
Only one weekly rest is required for each week so any of those will do

Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick from what you are saying in which case I apologise

tachograph:
WTF :unamused:

Just to make it clear when I said:

tachograph:

What I meant was "That would sort of negate the need to pay back compensation for reduced weekly rest periods wouldn’t it.

Hi tachograph,

I can see that you seem to be approaching thermonuclear meltdown, so perhaps you could make use of a new road sign… :wink:

:bulb: Now maybe ROG [] could tell us what this sign means… :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:
There’s a clue in the filename. :wink:

Nice one Dave :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick in regard to what tachograph was saying and for that I, again, apologise.

Can anyone explain in simple terms cos i’m thick why this is legal or not please ?

SENARIO
Full weekly rest used for previous week
Work mon, tue, wed
Off thu - reduced weekly rest of 36 hours
work fri, sat
off sun - reduced weekly rest of 30 hours
work mon to sat
Full weekly rest of 45 hours

Can the reduced weekly rest for that week be the 36 hours and the second of 30 hours be used as payback for the first ?

If yes - why ?
If no - why ?

OH - and apologies to coffeeholic if I have mis-used the quotes from the other thread mentioned in the wrong context

Hey there’s nothing stopping a 24 hour rest to be counted as a daily rest either, just to confuse you more !!!

Mike-C:
Hey there’s nothing stopping a 24 hour rest to be counted as a daily rest either, just to confuse you more !!!

I knew that one as a daily rest may be extended to make a weekly rest period :slight_smile:

I reckon the word MAY is important there which may come into the answers I am asking for in my last post

Mike-C:

You can call it whatever you want Mike, but what you can not call it is both (a reduced weekly rest) and (a daily rest + compensation for a previous reduced weekly rest), it can be one or the other but not both :wink:

article 4
(f) ‘rest’ means any uninterrupted period during which a
driver may freely dispose of his time;

(h) ‘weekly rest period’ means the weekly period during
which a driver may freely dispose of his time and covers
a ‘regular weekly rest period’ and a ‘reduced weekly rest
period’:
– ‘regular weekly rest period’ means any period of rest
of at least 45 hours,
– ‘reduced weekly rest period’ means any period of
rest of less than 45 hours, which may, subject to the
conditions laid down in Article 8(6), be shortened
to a minimum of 24 consecutive hours;

article 8
3. A daily rest period may be extended to make a regular
weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period.

A weekly rest period shall start no later than at the end of six
24-hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest
period.

Does article 4 (f) exclude the rest being used for payback ?