Are tests centres open?

Does anyone know if practical tests are taking place? I have my C+E training / test booked for next week and I’m starting to get a bit concerned it will be cancelled. As it stands though the training company are still doing the training just with some precautions in place but obviously the test itself is out of their control.

I have a bad feeling, but no-one knows definitely what’s happening. Best advice is to keep in touch with your trainer. We have put measures in place to minimise any disruption but the actual test is out of our control.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m an ADI (car instructor) and this is the e-mail I received this evening.

Driving test centres close for 2 days
Due to the unfolding COVID-19 situation, testing for tomorrow Thursday 19 March has been postponed. Tests will be cancelled for the next 2 days.

This includes:

car driving tests
motorcycle tests
ADI tests
lorry, coach and bus driving tests
Further guidance will be issued in due course.

We will get in touch with everyone with a test booked during this time to let them know if their test has been cancelled and we will automatically re-book for them.

Out of pocket expenses
Because we’ve had to cancel tests at short notice, you and your pupils will be able to claim out-of-pocket expenses.

We will be monitoring the emerging situation and we will let you know if we need to cancel any more tests.

gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus … =immediate

Apparently emergency tests area being made available for key workers, ie NHS, delivery, emergency services etc. If you’re now a key worker, contact dvsa and ask about emergency tests.

Thanks for the update gents - I’m not a key worker, just a bored warehouse supervisor wanting to do something new :laughing:

I have had official confirmation that my course has been postponed, I am a little disappointed but these things happen. Will have to rearrange for a later date.

I do feel for the training companies, it must be awful not being able to do any work.