Are manual entries a legal requirement?

Reef:

tango boy:
8 years they only last 5 don’t they before they are replaced

Maybe he replaced his when not in use like I did, I’d not used my old one since 09 but I replaced it in 15 at the same time as my 45 medical, I even paid to keep my DCPC going, I had the money and it’s always kept my options open so it made sense to renew everything.

Exactly that Reef… my last digi card was barely used and sat in the drawer for years until it eventually expired… I renewed it when I finally got around
to doing my CPC last year. Last week was my very first entry on the brand new card!

Lennoxtown:

Reef:

tango boy:
8 years they only last 5 don’t they before they are replaced

Maybe he replaced his when not in use like I did, I’d not used my old one since 09 but I replaced it in 15 at the same time as my 45 medical, I even paid to keep my DCPC going, I had the money and it’s always kept my options open so it made sense to renew everything.

Exactly that Reef… my last digi card was barely used and sat in the drawer for years until it eventually expired… I renewed it when I finally got around
to doing my CPC last year. Last week was my very first entry on the brand new card!

Roger Dee

Lennoxtown:
Thanks for the detailed answer Tachograph… Are you saying I DON’T need to keep any record of my time spent in my other job which is
driving a Ford transit van? ( Between 37.5 and 50+ hours per week in my case! )

Incidentally, my van is NOT a 3.5t and does NOT require a tachograph… I may be mistaken, but I thought I read a post from either yourself
or ROG that said it is necessary to keep a record of any other work done in a main job and preferably on charts or printouts, so that is what I done!

However, it would suit me just fine to do one manual entry every fortnight to cover the time unnaccounted for in my main job & not faff around with
charts…

Although, I don’t recall seeing the ? symbol on the Stoneridge tacho that I used that day!

Sorry I think I misunderstood your first post, when you said “Bear in mind I would already be recording my main employment hours on charts and perhaps even a small notebook” I thought you meant you would be keeping records while you’re driving the van, I see now you meant you will be keeping those records for when you’re doing HGV work.

In that case the answer is that you don’t have to do any additional manual entries into the tachograph for the van work.

tachograph:

Lennoxtown:
Thanks for the detailed answer Tachograph… Are you saying I DON’T need to keep any record of my time spent in my other job which is
driving a Ford transit van? ( Between 37.5 and 50+ hours per week in my case! )

Incidentally, my van is NOT a 3.5t and does NOT require a tachograph… I may be mistaken, but I thought I read a post from either yourself
or ROG that said it is necessary to keep a record of any other work done in a main job and preferably on charts or printouts, so that is what I done!

However, it would suit me just fine to do one manual entry every fortnight to cover the time unnaccounted for in my main job & not faff around with
charts…

Although, I don’t recall seeing the ? symbol on the Stoneridge tacho that I used that day!

Sorry I think I misunderstood your first post, when you said “Bear in mind I would already be recording my main employment hours on charts and perhaps even a small notebook” I thought you meant you would be keeping records while you’re driving the van, I see now you meant you will be keeping those records for when you’re doing HGV work.

In that case the answer is that you don’t have to do any additional manual entries into the tachograph for the van work.

Ok cheers!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk