Are Drawbar's the new artics?

Hey Folks
Not so much a question but more out of curiosity…driving back from Sunderland Saturday (football game) i could not believe the amount of draw-bar W+D unit’s that i passed on the motorways, must of been at least 50+ over 2 hours, Liveries included Sports Direct, Tufnells, Stobart, New-look, Norbert, Montgomery etc etc…, Are Draw-bars simply the new artics now?? As i really don’t know why they are in huge demand, although never driven one, but i would of assumed they were harder to load etc on a bay with 2 containers to unload etc?

Not really .
As more company’s are out basing work they’re using drop bodies.
Takes the same amount of time to load and they don’t have to cross dock it at the other end as all the driver needs is room to drop a box and park the mt trl, no other staff or whouse required to tip and reload also saves on having an artic fleet standing half the day and ridged fleet half the night.

Just to add some bodies have doors both ends allowing a cross plate between the boxies to load without dropping the drag.

wilko77fc:
Hey Folks
Not so much a question but more out of curiosity…driving back from Sunderland Saturday (football game) i could not believe the amount of draw-bar W+D unit’s that i passed on the motorways, must of been at least 50+ over 2 hours, Liveries included Sports Direct, Tufnells, Stobart, New-look, Norbert, Montgomery etc etc…, Are Draw-bars simply the new artics now?? As i really don’t know why they are in huge demand, although never driven one, but i would of assumed they were harder to load etc on a bay with 2 containers to unload etc?

I have today secured 3 drivers to train from a company who have purchased drawbar trucks so consequently want them totrain with me because I have a drawbar training truck.

Paul

Ps Please to announce just returned from my skiing holiday with no broken bones :smiley:

This may open the old debate again
Paul :smiley: