Are buses homo`s?

So when I started on the buses there was this other driver who was having his way with his GF on the top deck. It was near the terminus and he had 20 minutes to wait so had arranged to meet her and she joined him upstairs.

Now, when the bus is switched off, lights off and doors closed there is an unwritten rule that people don’t get on. They’ll wait out in the rain but if the doors closed, then they wait.

So this pensioner comes along and doesn’t want to wait in the bus shelter and uses the emergency door controls and gets on the bus to go and sit down. After a while she hears noises and clearly movement so went upstairs to investigate. She found him near the back and after watching for a short period of time apparently pointed out that he needed to put more into the relationship than just wanting the girl to do it all and shuffled off. Well, as you can understand, that deflated the driver somewhat and when they reached down the pensioner went on their way and that was it.

Later in the day the bus was pulled off the road to grab CCTV as there had been other problems on the bus, graffiti I think it was and whilst the CCTV operator was scanning through the days footage sipping coffee he was somewhat shocked by what he saw and when he exited the CCTV room he had coffee all down his front so naturally us hanging around by the dispatch desk thought the [zb] had just spilt his coffee. And he left the door open and so whilst he was off getting cleaned up :unamused: :unamused: :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: one or two of us glanced into the room and saw what was on the screens, recognised the driver, head back and looked quite happy whilst he was being serviced.

So clearly the obvious thing to do was tell the other drivers, play it back a bit, watch the clip and listen to the audio then chat amongst ourselves. Oh, and we also told the driver. He didn’t realise the cameras were working, which was understandable really as when you need the most they don’t work. In this case, they did :smiley:

Those that drive the route often recognised the voice of the pensioner, it’s one of those that always complains about what ever you’re doing even if you’re trying to be the most helpful driver on the [zb] planet!!!

Oh, and the driver was sacked :smiley:

toby1234abc:
They must be as when pulling up at their bus stop with enough room to land a 747,they stick their rear end ready for a good shafting.45 degree angle i see all the time.

:blush: being in the industry,I can only be embarrassed for such shoddy driving. But,there are times where a vehicle has parked near the bus stop,and I have to angle the bus. Or,if someone has requested for the service in a split second. Other than that,I place the bus so I get a good view of the offside mirror,if the conditions permit,usually keeping an eye on people in the bus stop may effect my attempt.
And no,I’m not homo :smiley:

There are people in all walks of life that are there to annoy you, to delay you and to wind you up but you need to work past that for your own healths sake.

Locally when some buses pull in they immediately put their right hand indicator on as if they are pulling out but they’re not, they’re loading. Or the other one is not bothering to check their O/S mirror or even indicating when pulling out. I have in the past ended up stuck on the wrong side of the road as the pesky bus has just pulled away from a stop without noticing me, without using the indicators or anything.

I have had a near miss with a bus, I was crossing the road when the driver pulled off without even looking and I had words with the driver. Nothing too aggressive but along the lines of ‘you have mirrors for a reason’.

But I’ve had that sort of thing also from ALL sort of drivers on the road. Cars, vans lorries etc. You name it, they don’t pay attention…

Buses and their drivers are not homo’s in the same way that Toby is or isn’t homophopic? Or should that be he has a phobia of buses■■? :smiley: Busophobia :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Can get a panic attack if seen near a bus station or being parked next to a coach :smiley:

Saratoga:
There are people in all walks of life that are there to annoy you, to delay you and to wind you up but you need to work past that for your own healths sake.

Very true that. Let things go over your head,but not always easy. Like I had a character the other night in his Micra around 22:35,the B road was empty without traffic just a few motorists. I’m in lane one approaching lights displaying red,at a steady pace driving a bus. This Micra driver passes me in lane two with nearside indicator on and shoves his car in front of my braking distance. Thankfully,the speed I had was ideal for such idiot

Saratoga:
Locally when some buses pull in they immediately put their right hand indicator on as if they are pulling out but they’re not, they’re loading.

I had that the other night aswell. I could clearly see in the bus as I’m approaching,the doors opening and passenger hadn’t alighted,and the driver has the offside indicator on :confused:

Saratoga:
Or the other one is not bothering to check their O/S mirror or even indicating when pulling out. .

I had that several weeks back,and I’m acquainted with the driver when I worked for the paticular company. He was rolling forward,indicator on,and I could clearly see in his mirror that he was dealing with money/passenger.
I find car drivers are deliberately leaving from a parked position without indicating. The offense is not just towards the vehicle type I drive(bus),it’s done to car drivers,car on car. So I don’t see it as a retaliation towards a busdriver,it’s in done in general to be malice