Ar-gs international transport

does anyone remember this firm the reason for asking is ive been lent a video about them on a run to italy titled spaghetti no junction and it follows 3 of there trucks a 3300 artic ,3300 drawbar and a 3600spacecab andi was wondering if anybody happened to have any pics of them i do know the company nolonger exsists .cheers :laughing:

The name sort of rings a bell, are they white bodied then sign written?

I went to see a firm about a job that had a very similar name to that, they were in north London, the job was antiques and replica antique furniture back from Italy, cant remember what the load out was, driving a left ■■■■■■ “A” frame draw bar.This would have been in the late 80`s.

I believe they also did abit of Greece aswell, dont think they had many trucks though.

Dont know if this helps at all, maybe if you could post a pic it might jog the brain cells a little. :wink:

Cheers, bullitt.

remember the film but never knew the firm - like bullitt says maybe just a small outfit

thats the firm bullet im watching it now one of the drivers in the video is a guy called pat booth the drawbar was liveried in ergonoms colours grey red writing the artics were white with green and orange stripes

The film was sponsored by Eberspacher if memory serves.

All the drivers wore white blouson jackets and they even stopped for a spot of fishing at one point.

What an idyllic life the drivers had in 1986 !!

I used to have that video,but it was on Betamax so I gave it away.
The film was one of a series done by a small production company,the follow-up featured an Iveco Turbo-Star with I think an owner driver and was titled something or Bust.

The company does still exist,or did up until a few months ago,as I have seen one of their trucks a couple of times over the last two or three years,the last time was this summer.It was a DAF 95 Space Cab drawbar,the pre XF model.

KW:
…The company does still exist,or did up until a few months ago,as I have seen one of their trucks a couple of times over the last two or three years,the last time was this summer.It was a DAF 95 Space Cab drawbar,the pre XF model.

Thats right, as KW just said, it jogged the brain cell, i have seen them recently(ish)…left ■■■■■■ SSC draw bar rig,same paint job.
They were based either behind or very near to either Kings Cross or Euston Station in London, but may have moved now.
Like I said, all furniture and antiques back from Italy, multi drop and pick up around the little shops, houses and warehouses and loaded by hand by the driver, wrapped in funiture blankets and stacked to the roof!!!
■■■■ hot hard work especialy in the summer months.

ARGS International Transport
North London Freight Centre, York Way, LONDON N1 0BB
020-7833-3955

Hope this helps, :wink:
Bullitt.

cheers guys. spoke to eberspacher yesterday there hunting me a copy down the guy that filmed it is now a manager at eberspacher in portsmouth they seemed very suprised that someone had a copy but were very interested.

I remember the film, very good and informative, with a load memory lane stuff…
I got one of those funny phone calls a couple of years ago from ARGS, they got my No from the Staging company, Parsons, who where right down the end in the far corner of the old Freight terminal of Kings Cross, I was asked to double drive the Daf XF SuperSpace A frame Draw Bar :unamused: down to Italy with antiques on, multi drop :cry: :cry: :cry: the down side was the other driver, he was very large (25 st + ) who insisted he drive as i must know nothing about this type of truck or job, I won LDotY local semi heats on a DrawBar, & worked for Trans Euro behind Ikeas on the North Circular for 6yrs…sorry to digress…anyway the trip was not looking good, but we was due to fly home from Pisa, so i would suffer Billy Big (Belly) Wheels for the week. anyway after getting out of London & onto the Boat," Billy" let me get in the saddle, he pushed me for info on what, I knew, been, driven & inside leg size… Transpired he`d only done a couple of trips…Bu**er…his driving in UK down to Dover was not impresive… nor was the reversing to which i found the reason of always going forward…everywhere, apart from him telling me he was sleeping on the top bunk :open_mouth: :open_mouth: he also had a problem with his breathing & if he stopped breathing while asleep / SNORING , HE WOULD die :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Fancy that !!! I now realised why i was with him, & no It was not to administer the Kiss of Life… :smiley: I done most of the driving in the end round Italy, a result was that we would call the customer, they would turn up in a van tranship sign up & go, :laughing: :laughing: the last drop was in a private home with a drive just big enough for the outfit, & just enough room to turn into a corner, reverse the trl into a corner ready for the out, to be told drop the trl to off load ( i would have jack knifed it slightly ) park the prime mover :stuck_out_tongue: beside it, the customer then took us to a restruant, told us to order whatever we wanted, inc drinks & would pick us up in a couple of hrs. He returned, paid the bill then took us to the airport at Pisa, he paid for the tickets, said his goodbyes & left us to it ? I found out later that the customer would get the rig reloaded during the week, & " Billy " or someone would rtn to drive it back to the UK… that is the only experience i had with AR GS. apart from an offer of a full time job a couple of wks later, which I declined… I dont know if they are still running, but i think the developers were geting closer to doors of the London Freight Terminal

Ive still got that video.

And ive seen one of the motors about a few weeks ago.

I used to watch it over and over again.Pity it want a bit longer.

Tony b

was it this one

saw a daf like that one on A1 northbound at buckden during the week, without a trailer

Try www.args.co.uk for more info on them

Carl:
was it this one :laughing:

Nice pic carl…yep, thats the firm, when I went to see them they ran the “old” ATI Space Cabs…nice looking trucks, just didnt fancy ■■■■■■■ furniture and dealing with members of the public in 40+ degrees heat in the summer.

Cheers, bullitt.

not great quality sorry but these are the trucks from the film

ive just watched the film and i il try and copy it for anybody for a small fee but i warn you its a load of old drivel i was actually embrassed by them with their white trousers and white blouson jackets it was like one of those old promontial type films total crap. and what boring … well il do it myself…

zips

they said at the beginning of the film the firm was based at hounslow and to go to italy they shipped from portsmouth then down to paris lyon then onto milan.

Has any one got a copy of the film still.I remember buying one at a truckfest years a go.The leed truck i bought from them as my first truck a 33ati space cab think i paid around £5k for it then two years later got stolen in Italy as i when for a pee(didnt look good on insurance forms).times move on and now got a xf95 super space but soon a xf105.My wife would love to see the lorry again and show the kids as my oldest was brought home in it from hopital aged 2 days so if someone can do me a copy i would be willing to pay for it

itsons you can get spag no junction from here www.toprun.ch
look in his film documentries section mate :laughing:

itsons was it this one

jd wrote

they said at the beginning of the film the firm was based at hounslow and to go to italy they shipped from portsmouth then down to paris lyon then onto milan.

anybody know why theyd go this way it says in the film they shipped out on sunday,would it be to do with the 8hour drive limit (was it still in back then)or for filming purposes as the crew that made the film were from that area