APW Trafford Park info required please

Got an assesment with them tomorrow working out of Trafford Park in Manchester. they are taking on 10 Class 1 and 5 Class 2 drivers … However having only been used to driving old bangers these are brand new out of the box 08 plate Scanias and Volvos I think he said.

Has anyone worked for or had experience of this company. Transport manager seemed ok on the phone I dont have the 2 yrs experience but his comment was “Good we dont like taking on drivers who have been there seen it and dont it so to speak” we prefer to take drivers on and teach them our way of doing things - dont know if that is a good or bad thing :frowning:

Sorry about the duplicat post (on in the newbie drivers forum) but cant figure out how to delete the post ?

Bubble:
Got an assesment with them tomorrow working out of Trafford Park in Manchester. they are taking on 10 Class 1 and 5 Class 2 drivers … However having only been used to driving old bangers these are brand new out of the box 08 plate Scanias and Volvos I think he said.

Has anyone worked for or had experience of this company. Transport manager seemed ok on the phone I dont have the 2 yrs experience but his comment was “Good we dont like taking on drivers who have been there seen it and dont it so to speak” we prefer to take drivers on and teach them our way of doing things - dont know if that is a good or bad thing :frowning:

Sorry about the duplicat post (on in the newbie drivers forum) but cant figure out how to delete the post ?

Good luck mate but beware ■■■■■■ managers who make those kind of comments …they usually mean we can get away with using and abusing :laughing: …take no shhitt .

Agree with the coder one to watch beware!!!

But hey, a TM who’s also willing to give new guys a chance is a rare bird indeed and must be given some credit.

Good luck bro.

Alex

apw ■■? never heard of them

could be akw = a k worthingtons if it is be very wary if the tm is called jason
be very very wary i did a stint about 11 ish years ago and i did’t stop long the guy is a class a numpt i dnt honestly hat they are like to work for now but back then it was multi drop on class 2 anything from 6 to 15 drops put your tacho on break whilst at the drops ( i got in pulled in the office for having a 45 after 4 and a half hours driving :open_mouth: ) oh and i got blamed for having a puncture aswell oh and he tried to say i had hit a car going round a roundabout which i hadn’t because i was in holyhead and not near middlewich where this bump had supposed to have happened oh and the money was crap

he tried the same story with another driver about a week later :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

If it is A K Worthingtons, be afraid, be very afraid. :imp:

As said above they may have changed. :unamused:

I never drove for them but spoke to some who have and they had nothing good to say. :imp:

They are also often looking for drivers. Now they may get lots of new contracts or they may have a staff turnover problem. :bulb:

Whoever it is I would be wary of someone who does not like to take on experienced drivers as they want to mold them. In my experience they think you won’t know the rules and that you will believe what they say legal or not. :imp:

gonzothejaffa1:
apw ■■? never heard of them

could be akw = a k worthingtons if it is be very wary if the tm is called jason
be very very wary i did a stint about 11 ish years ago and i did’t stop long the guy is a class a numpt i dnt honestly hat they are like to work for now but back then it was multi drop on class 2 anything from 6 to 15 drops put your tacho on break whilst at the drops ( i got in pulled in the office for having a 45 after 4 and a half hours driving :open_mouth: ) oh and i got blamed for having a puncture aswell oh and he tried to say i had hit a car going round a roundabout which i hadn’t because i was in holyhead and not near middlewich where this bump had supposed to have happened oh and the money was crap

Me bad you where right it was the above company and erm I didnt stick around long enough after passing the assement the guy Jason is a complete t**r now I know I havent been around long in respect of driving but I am not stupid and some of the stuff he was talking about was crap … yes they have new units and yes they have lots of contracts …but kept getting the little warning in my head “this doesnt sound right” drivers they have taken on over 20 in the last 3 months I know they have a few contracts but …
Anyway I thanked them for giving me an opportunity but declined an offer of employment … wanted me to start today ! f me there is no way I could do that without loosing serious money from my present employer seeing as its a new holiday year.

he tried the same story with another driver about a week later :open_mouth: :open_mouth: