Approaching a tight roundabout

What are you told on your training these days when approaching a tight roundabout? Do you signal to move out across two lanes to avoid mounting the kerb?I

Thanks

JeffA:
What are you told on your training these days when approaching a tight roundabout? Do you signal to move out across two lanes to avoid mounting the kerb?I

Thanks

If a signal is needed then yes
More often than not you can take the space as the 1 lane turns into 2 lanes

What about if you move across and it turns out you have enough room to get round without having needed to pull across?

JeffA:
What about if you move across and it turns out you have enough room to get round without having needed to pull across?

If your observations on approach make you think that extra space is needed then do so - better that then trying to take the room needed when it is too late
You might cause a little inconvenience to other road users by taking up un-necessary space but so what if that is the case :question: = better than the alternative :exclamation:

Just to add; if you’ve got more room than you need, just tighten it up on the turn/bend. The object is to ensure there’s nothing down the nearside of course and also to prevent anything coming down the nearside.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I usually find that taking 2/3 of lane 1 and 1/3 of lane 2 does the trick

Cheers Rog/Pete! Got a driving “assessment” in the near future…

Always best to take a bit too much on the approach and then give it back during the turn. It’s very poor to approach “normally”, expecting to find some space on the exit from the turn. Murphy’s law states there will always be a bollard in the wrong place!!

Very best of luck with the assessment. Dont overthink it. But do remember your daily checks. I carry out assessments for some local employers and those that dont make any attemtp to check the vehicle don’t get out of the yard.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing: