Apprenticeships

Hi everyone

Just looking for some opinions please. I’m currently in the process of completing my cat c training. Just waiting to do theory tests. Basically I was planning to obtain my license and then probably go down the agency route before attempting to get permanent employment.
I’ve noticed a few apprenticeships going and wondered if these are worthwhile. Most obviously are low wage but they fund your training and up your wage on 1 year completion. Gregory Distribution are offering one in Leicester which is 9.50 an hour and takes 12 months to complete before offering a role at the end. Does anyone have any experience of these apprenticeships? I like the idea of learning while training.

I would definitely apply, you get foot in the door if nothing else

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Most C+E new passes get paid the same rate as the experienced drivers. Of course, being new the transport office will give you the easy work until you become experienced. There’s really no need to take on a low paid apprentice.

At the moment with money on the up and some decent hourly rates being bandied about I’d just look for regular work. Yes you will probably get thrown in the deep end here and there but anyone decent should make allowances for a new pass, there are plenty of vacancies and at the moment the experience essential might not be such an issue.

Start making hay while the sun is shining as there will no doubt be a big cloud along soon.

Thanks everyone. Got some things to think about now.