Applying theory on vehicle loading etc

I am just going through my CPC theory for vehicle loading amongst the other topics and was wondering when (before you actually start work as HGV driver) you get taught and put into practice things such as calculating the weight over axles?

Obviously there is a lot of theory and formula surrounding this so just wondered if it is something that is generally shown during any part of practical training or module 4 CPC?

Thanks

Luke

Quote me if Im wrong

You need to know the kerb weight of your vehicle, that’s how much it weighs, fuelled up, carrying all the kit you need to do the job and the weight of the driver and any crew.
You then take that away from the maximum permitted weight of the vehicle and what’s left is your payload.

Max weight 44,000kg
Kerb weight 14,500kg
Payload 29,500kg

Take empty vehicle/combination to weighbridge and take that weight with you in it

Now get GVW of vehicle and trailer if towing

Take empty weight from GVW total = what it can be loaded with

Load vehicle/trailer as evenly as possible

When loaded go back to weighbridge to check total weights and axle weights

Yeh Rog

I was informed when you get weighed in the truck be sure to have a full tank of fuel… along with all the guff…straps, chains and call the stuff truckers take with them…kit back, sat nav, dash camera as it gives more of a true weight…

But I do have a question, how often should you go to a weigh bridge… I know in the USA and Canada if theres one on your route you have to use it… so if there are 3 on ya route from one state to another you got to be weighed 3 times…

go directly to the nearest weighbridge whenever you think you might be overloaded - company pays not driver

If overloaded go directly back to where it was loaded - legal to do that as long as not unsafe

So let me ask… when does axles weights come into play ?

Swampey2418:
So let me ask… when does axles weights come into play ?

All the time