Applying for jobs requiring experience

Hi Folks,

I’m just wondering, is it worth applying for jobs that require ‘experience’ although I’m not experienced but having the enthusiasm that certainly more than makes up for it! Also if anyone knows of any agencies around west yorkshire that hire van drivers feel free to share the information :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Depends on how the jobs word the “experience” bit.

If its, do you have at least two years truck driving experience, well then you may be out of luck, but apply anyway.

if its, do you have at least two years experience, then you can blag it as they mention nothing about “truck” driving experience.

I personally have nearly a quarter million miles of experience on the road in a commercial goods vehicle, unfortunately its only a Mercedes Sprinter, a mini truck so to speak, but it’s experience still.

Are you not getting on at sainsburys ?

I’ve not heard anything back from them yet, and I’m just exploring all bases at the moment :slight_smile:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
I’m just wondering, is it worth applying for jobs that require ‘experience’ although I’m not experienced but having the enthusiasm that certainly more than makes up for it!

There’s no doubt you’re enthusiastic and although that’s admirable, it certainly does not make up for your complete lack of driving experience.

You’ve successfully learnt how to pass the driving test. You now need to go and learn how to drive. This will take a while. :wink:

Unless I get given the chance I’ll never get given the experience. :wink: I could have many years on the road but non of which of me having ever driven a van which again would put me in the experience issue. I’m not claiming to be the best driver, but I’m learning :slight_smile:

I’ve been out the past couple days in the car for hours clocking up near 200 miles :slight_smile: Not saying that’s immediately going to make me a perfect driver but, I’m out there gaining the experience needed as well as getting used to being out on my own. Taking dad to work in the morning so that should be an experience on it’s own :open_mouth: :laughing:

But getting a job full stop would be nice :slight_smile:

Cheers

jonnytruckfest:
Unless I get given the chance I’ll never get given the experience.

You’ve misunderstood me.

You’ve just passed your car test. You now need to learn how to drive a car. This will take a while. :wink:

Contraflow:

jonnytruckfest:
Unless I get given the chance I’ll never get given the experience.

You’ve misunderstood me.

You’ve just passed your car test. You now need to learn how to drive a car. This will take a while. :wink:

I know that completely :slight_smile: Learning to drive a car will take a while especially as it’s a car i’m not really used to. But the more I drive it the more I’ll get used to it. But it doesn’t stop me looking for work in this field somewhat, it means being more aware and more cautious :slight_smile:

But only time shall tell!

Cheers

opps double post :slight_smile:

Driving experience is one of things that you get over time. You’ll get to a point when your able to “predict” what people are going to do just by their mannerisms on the road and also get used to predicting things like traffic lights so you avoid slamming the anchors on.

You’ll probably learn the vast majority of that within the first year of driving, in your second year or maybe even sooner you will start to notice patterns and predicting traffic better. You would have also lost all patience with idiots and be just like the rest of us :wink:

Whilst doing my driving lessons my instructor had all that planted in my head to somewhat predict the lights changing etc, touch wood I’ve never had to slam the brakes for lights etc, the only time I’ve had to slam they brakes on is when someone pulled out on a busy junction thinking id let her out! Bare in mind i never flashed my lights or slowed down for her :smiling_imp: thankfully i had an incline that was going to happen, considering as a learner driver you have to deal with the inpatient public all the time!! But it all makes for a fun experience, and to say my parents had me insured on my mums car as a named driver for less than a grand…pretty impressive :slight_smile:

But as I’ve said to most folk, there will always be bad drivers but remembering constantly to just enjoy ones self and just smile at other folks idiocy,kkarma will see them again. As my uncle dad and mum have taught me. Having your license is a privilege not a right, tis probably the reason there are so many bad eggs out there they don’t see having a license as a privilege but think they should have one because they can…maybe I’m wrong though!!

Cheers

Apply for anything. One of those times you’ll get lucky!

DrivingMissDaisy:
Apply for anything. One of those times you’ll get lucky!

+1 , lets put it this way they can only say no right but one of them might give you a chance and you would have missed it had you not applied :wink: