Applying for a job query!

Tommy7437:

Simbro1988:
Hey guysss! Well I’ve been applying for jobs, have been for a week or so and I’ve heard absolutely nothing back. I don’t know whether this is normal or what? None of them have cut off dates for applicants so I don’t really know. How long have people waited to get an interview after they have applied etc?!

Some you wont hear back from ever. Some pretty quick with a no thanks and some within a week or so if they want you in for an interview in my experience

The ones you hear back from really quick and offer you a start almost immediately are usually garbage. Fell into that trap before

I would have to agree on that last statement. I’ve been offered jobs before I’ve even been to an interview which generally says that they have a high driver turn over and for a reason.

ROG:
Try putting all your kit in the boot of your car and going to companies very early in the morning especially mondays as that is when they are likely to need a driver - if they do not need one then give your CV to the TM personally

Thats the way to do it, you will never beat knocking on doors, it has always been the case if you don’t have someone already inside rooting for you.

Thanks you guys for all your responses. It’s been a lot of help! I think I shall be printing off cvs and specific cover letters and personally dropping them off! That way I can lay on a bit of charm :wink:

Juddian:
Thats the way to do it

You having an identity crisis pal? :smiley:

But he’s right! :wink:

yt03:

raxore:
Also in the same position as you mate, got my class 1 back in November and can now leave my current work in search of a driving job! I have walked in/phoned/emailed and applied to every company in Norfolk in the last week haha! So fingers crossed I hear something. Bad time of year for getting employment at the moment I’ve been told! Also anyone in the Norfolk area want to take on a newbie…hit me up [emoji14]

Try Neil Bombfords at Harleston, they put my cousin through all his licences years ago??

Cheers for that mate, I’ve got myself a CV in there now too… Hopefully one of these will pay off and reply haha!

Also good luck to the OP hope something comes up for you too!

I saw a big sign outside a unit today looking for drivers near Heathrow. Might be another avenue to follow in your quest for work - visiting industrial estates and keeping your eyes open.

raxore:

yt03:

raxore:
Also in the same position as you mate, got my class 1 back in November and can now leave my current work in search of a driving job! I have walked in/phoned/emailed and applied to every company in Norfolk in the last week haha! So fingers crossed I hear something. Bad time of year for getting employment at the moment I’ve been told! Also anyone in the Norfolk area want to take on a newbie…hit me up [emoji14]

Try Neil Bombfords at Harleston, they put my cousin through all his licences years ago??

Cheers for that mate, I’ve got myself a CV in there now too… Hopefully one of these will pay off and reply haha!

Also good luck to the OP hope something comes up for you too!

They put people through their tests years ago, and employ a lot of sausage rolls so hopefully you might hear something mate.

It’s not the best job you’ll ever have, Palletline Multi Drops, but at least it’s a potential start.

Can’t be all bad,
Do you miss the continental shifts, noisey fridge and handballing from way back when?? Haha

I sense a swear word or 2 in your reply… :slight_smile: