Application for a digital tacho card (d777b/dl)

First of all I apologise if this has been answered many times before but I’ve tried the search feature and can’t find an answer to my question.

I passed both the theory tests on Friday and intend to book my training with East Coast Driver Training (norwich) tomorrow and Driver CPC is booked for next Friday. Which leads to my question, when can I apply for my digital tacho card? Am I right in assuming that a digital tacho card isn’t required whilst training? The only reason I ask is so that there are no hold ups when (if) I pass module 3 and 4.

Number5:
First of all I apologise if this has been answered many times before but I’ve tried the search feature and can’t find an answer to my question.

I passed both the theory tests on Friday and intend to book my training with East Coast Driver Training (norwich) tomorrow and Driver CPC is booked for next Friday. Which leads to my question, when can I apply for my digital tacho card? Am I right in assuming that a digital tacho card isn’t required whilst training? The only reason I ask is so that there are no hold ups when (if) I pass module 3 and 4.

You don’t need a driver card while training because training vehicle are exempt from the tachograph regulations.

Tachograph is correct - as normal! I suggest you apply for your digicard now so you are ready to start work on passing your tests. The card runs for 5 years and is required for all tacho equipped vehicles from May 2006. Prior to that, analogue charts are used.

Good luck with your training and tests, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for the replies, exactly what I needed to know.