appleby

got a drop there tommorow coming from manchester in a 26 ton rigid can i come off at the hgv truckstop and go that way i know theres a weight limit forgot what it is thanks

sure its 18 ton, plus a 14’0 bridge. not guarenteed! best cone off at 40, penrith, and follow a66

Yeah there is an 18t weight limit and a 14’ bridge…as said above you would be better off coming off at J40 and using the A66.

topboy trucker:
Yeah there is an 18t weight limit and a 14’ bridge…as said above you would be better off coming off at J40 and using the A66.

thanx no worries

It’s signposted on M6 about weight limit, HGV route to Apleby is A66.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.932984,-3.289261
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

nick172sport:

topboy trucker:

thanx no worries

Unless your full of livestock :wink:

Grahamy:

nick172sport:

topboy trucker:

thanx no worries

Unless your full of livestock :wink:

problem is im delivering gas to the leisure centre before been in 18 ton so been the other way that is the only easy routeto it its right in the centre and leads to a dead end i have been the a66 route before theres only one way in and its a right pain trying to turn round to come back on myself lol

Nick,
you might want to give them a ring first

leisurecentre.com/centres/2/ … entre.aspx

Grahamy:
Nick,
you might want to give them a ring first

leisurecentre.com/centres/2/ … entre.aspx

lol is it bad with snow round there

The problem with Appleby leisure centre is it’s right down the end of a narrow road. It’s a narrow bridge coming off The Sands and a sharp left hand turn onto Boroughgate. You have an even tighter right turn between 2 buildings. You might not have to go yet, that end of town is right next to the river and floods all the time. According to their website, it’s closed due to the weather conditions. :wink:

The Highway Man:
The problem with Appleby leisure centre is it’s right down the end of a narrow road. It’s a narrow bridge coming off The Sands and a sharp left hand turn onto Boroughgate. You have an even tighter right turn between 2 buildings. You might not have to go yet, that end of town is right next to the river and floods all the time. According to their website, it’s closed due to the weather conditions. :wink:

i know ive got to go down the wiend which is a narrow lane lol with parked cars very tight ill ring them on the way

The Wiend is about 8 foot wide. You have building either side with narrow footpaths. One of the buildings overhangs the road slightly. As you travel down The Wiend, take the next right onto Chapel Street. Take care down there, it’s 2 way and narrow. I’m still not welcome in Appleby, I was the town traffic warden for 3 and a half years, :wink:

The Highway Man:
The Wiend is about 8 foot wide. You have building either side with narrow footpaths. One of the buildings overhangs the road slightly. As you travel down The Wiend, take the next right onto Chapel Street. Take care down there, it’s 2 way and narrow. I’m still not welcome in Appleby, I was the town traffic warden for 3 and a half years, :wink:

lol bet you got some abuse then thewayi normally go is down the hill turn left onto chapel street

Down Boroughgate and left onto The Wiend by the Post Office? That’s better than going over the small bridge crossing the river. Providing my former colleagues are doing their job properly, you should be able to get round onto Chapel St, that’s if there are no cars parked illegally on the corner. :wink:

The Highway Man:
Down Boroughgate and left onto The Wiend by the Post Office? That’s better than going over the small bridge crossing the river. Providing my former colleagues are doing their job properly, you should be able to get round onto Chapel St, that’s if there are no cars parked illegally on the corner. :wink:

hope so ill let you no tommorow :wink:

I’ll look forward to it, i’m on duty tomorrow afternoon, i’ll check in then. :wink:

The Highway Man:
I’ll look forward to it, i’m on duty tomorrow afternoon, i’ll check in then. :wink:

well got in very very tight idiots park anywhere there struggled to get out got through and the gaffer rung need to go back one bottle short lol so thought im not going bk down there in this so pulled the moffet off and went down with that

I told you it was tight, (said the actress to the bishop!) :wink: