Appendix removed

Posted in health forum, but basically how long off work after appendectomy? key hole surgery.

got home Wednesday night.

Ta
Andy

Depending on job and it’s physicality 3 months maybe. Urs being keyhole could be much less as it less invasive. I had 5 due to they’re fluff ups. Story for another day.
Ur GP should tell u better than Trucknet abdominal consultancy :smiley:

From the NHS website.

“In most cases, you can return to normal activities in a couple of weeks, although more strenuous activities may need to be avoided for four to six weeks after open surgery.”

I went back after 2 weeks but that was to a desk job at the time.

In my experience, the most important factor will be whether the OP gets sick pay or not.

Santa:
In my experience, the most important factor will be whether the OP gets sick pay or not.

nope… Ltd co. but accountant working on SSP for me :smiley:
every bit helps!

And the main client will give me light duties, ie no loading or trailer swaps.

got my gall bladder removed via key hole, was told minimum 2 weeks off. i gave it about 10 or 11 days before I went stir crazy and phoned the office for work. the first week was definetly out of the question, I could feel the tightness and pain from the holes way too much when moving around.

After my op I asked the surgeon the same question as op, he said 2 weeks but whats your job? when I told him lorry driver he said I’d need to check with my employer as apparently some insurance companies won’t cover company drivers after surgery for up to 6 weeks. 6 weeks no pay? kept it to myself and took it as paid holiday time rather than below minimum wage ssp…

andy187:

Santa:

nope… Ltd co. but accountant working on SSP for me :smiley:
every bit helps!

You can only get it as an employee, not a director, with a minimum earning of £112 a week.

read what i typed

my accountant working on SSP

who him self is on sick for last 4 weeks

I got an impressive 8" scar when I had my appendix nicked, told my daughter it’s my ceaserean scar :laughing:

andy187:
Posted in health forum, but basically how long off work after appendectomy? key hole surgery.

Ta
Andy

Had mine out October 2013 and was told 6 weeks (it had burst) but went back after 4 on drive only work. At the time I was on shop delivery with pallets and roll cages and my tummy took a while before I could move easily. After about 2 weeks I was back on regular work, albeit very carefully.

Wiretwister:

andy187:

Ta
Andy

Had mine out October 2013 and was told 6 weeks (it had burst) but went back after 4 on drive only work. At the time I was on shop delivery with pallets and roll cages and my tummy took a while before I could move easily. After about 2 weeks I was back on regular work, albeit very carefully.

was that key hole or open surgery WT?

That was keyhole with 3 small entry points.