Aponia GPS Navigation V CoPilot Mobile Navigation

Is it likely CoPilot is around three times better than Aponia, the former is £100 and the latter is £35?

Wtf are you on about.
Not sat navs again ffs.

Yorkysays:-:
Wtf are you on about.
Not sat navs again ffs.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
FFS, Sat navs are a total waste of money, how many times do people have to be told, all you need to do is look up your destination on your smart phone to find the route and when you get near click on navigate, your phone will guide you right to the door, uses a very tiny amount of data, so tiny it will not even show, thousands of times a saving on buying a complete waste of your money.

I can tell you without the slightest hesitation that CoPilot is brilliant. Not sure about the other one but beats any TomTom or Garmin on both price and features. You can use a whole host of apps now on a smart phone with no need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a stand alone Sat Nav.

Both work very well I’ve used them both co pilot has more options than aponia but for price aponia wins hands down

Also the thing is BOTH offer a free trial so why not just download them both and form your own opinion :exclamation: :question: :bulb:

can’t believe people are still pushing this crap when the latest tom tom truck sat nav is less than 200 quid, i mean jesus christ , who wants to look at a phone or a bloody tablet when they are driving. What are they on ,commission

villa:
can’t believe people are still pushing this crap when the latest tom tom truck sat nav is less than 200 quid, i mean jesus christ , who wants to look at a phone or a bloody tablet when they are driving. What are they on ,commission

In what way are you meaning by crap ? Do you know what these do in comparison to a SatNav ? There is a reason the TomTom is only £200. ever thought why? Why would you buy a TomTom

What he means is why pay 200 went 140 or 45 quid will do

aponia not let me down in the 18 months I’ve been using it. 7.5 ton roads can cause a tiny issue when delivering in them but I mean tiny. I rate it very highly and the price is fantastic.
I even didn’t sell my last phone after an upgrade and now run it solely on the old one.

villa:

You do realise that you stick the phone or tablet on a windscreen mount the same way as you do a dedicated unit don’t you? Are you really that lacking in imagination that you can only think of insulting it (and its users) instead of working out what actually is done with it?

I will spell it out for you…

a) You download and install the app on your phone or tablet (or like me on both because one Aponia code works for 5 separate concurrent devices)
b) Pop to Halfords or go on Ebay and buy yourself a windscreen mount for your particular size device
c) Plug your phone into the vehicles cigarette or USB charger
d) Use it as a satnav and guess what it also doubles up as a hands free phone
e) Profit. (i.e. spend the 100 to 160 quid you saved on beer!)

I’m not on commission but if either Aponia or CoPilot wish to contact me and shower me in free gifts then I’ll be humble enough to accept such a generous gesture. :grimacing:

villa:

Depends very much on how you schedule your workload, CoPilot is a professional truckers SatNav that does a lot more than your tom tom does. It isn’t just a dumb sat nav. I suggest you try it as you obviously have no idea of what it can do. Please don’t just simply say it’s crap because you have been silly enough to buy an outdated tom tom and think you have a bargain. Check out the latest gear as it isn’t simply a sat nav, it has specific trucking features.

UKtramp:

villa:

Depends very much on how you schedule your workload, CoPilot is a professional truckers SatNav that does a lot more than your tom tom does. It isn’t just a dumb sat nav. I suggest you try it as you obviously have no idea of what it can do. Please don’t just simply say it’s crap because you have been silly enough to buy an outdated tom tom and think you have a bargain. Check out the latest gear as it isn’t simply a sat nav, it has specific trucking features.

can you get channel 5 on it

I most certainly can

Not used CoPilot truck in a while but I know it’s far better then the one I bought from Chris because CoPilot told me to take the right exit where as the one from Chris tried taking me 15 minutes out the way through an housing estate and back round.

I use Garmin 770dzel now. Not had any issues with it but I’ll use CoPilot as back up if I need it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TBH I prefer CoPilot to the Garmin and have my DZEL as a backup unit. Just my preference but never had an issue with CoPilot to doubt it.

I prefer my Phillips truckers atlas. Does that make me old school?

Captain Caveman 76:

Not at all, I still use a phillips atlas myself, I just find that my eyes are not as keen as they used to be, harder now to focus without glasses. Wouldn’t be without it though

Captain Caveman 76:

No , but you really need to get out and get a life mate, you can’t get channel 5 on a bloody atlas so how can you watch big brother

An atlas is about half the price of the Aponia app. At £35 for the app it doesn’t seem that unreasonable to use one as your primary source and the other as a backup. Especially if you have a lot of different places to find.